Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Shawn McDonald Music Video

As much as I enjoy filming weddings, it's fun to do other creative videos from time to time. A few weeks ago I found out my favorite Christian artist, Shawn McDonald, was having a contest for his fans to take one of his songs and create a music video to it. I of course couldn't resist! One afternoon I stole my friend's boyfriend, borrowed a guitar from a neighbor, and took my camera down to the nation's oldest city, St. Augustine, for an incredibly God-filled day of shooting.

The song I chose is called "A Little More," and the lyrics encourage us to show a little more Jesus to those in need. We ended up running into these Jesus-believing homeless guys who were more than willing to participate once we told them about what we were doing. It was so heartwarming too because from Bradley playing the guitar with the homeless guys, people walking by were throwing dollars in the guitar case and by the end of the day we were able to raise some money to give to them!

But I think the most humbling moment was when... Earlier in the day, I was shooting Bradley just sitting against a wall playing by himself, and this one lady walks up and gives him a few quarters. At first I just laughed b/c he was just playing along to the CD player, not really playing. Well then later when we were actually playing with the homeless guys, this same lady comes up to the guys and starts jiving with them, and I stop and realize, wait a minute, she wasn’t a tourist, she’s homeless too. And my jaw dropped because, here she is, someone with nothing, yet she still gave to someone she thought was in need. It just really made me go, wow, what in the world do I have to complain about??

I hope you enjoy the video and I pray that it encourages you to show a little more Jesus to those along your journey.



p.s. I should find out by the end of the month if I won! Say a prayer for moi! :-)

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A most excellent video. I even "plugged in" and played along, as best I could. I think he had the guitar tuned down to A but then, what do I know...I never do much in alternative tuning. I especially liked The way she worked the various color settings throughout the film. What talent! I am very impressed!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Scraps to Wraps said...

I am a friend of Joshua Smith...I happened upon your video through his blog to yours. I had a rough day yesterday and your video really touched me. Thanks for being obedient.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. I will be amazed if you don't win the contest. I can't believe how natural and unrehearsed everything is. Isn't it funny how you think you are just going out for a long day of shooting video and you come back with a new perspective on life? Can't wait to see your next video.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That was great!! I think it will touch a lot of people when they see it!! You have a real talent!!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up, Sis!!

Awesome job! Your talent never ceases to amaze me. Praise God!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again I say, you are so talented! That song has such a message and you illustrated it beautifully. Thanks for sharing it!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Scraps to Wraps said...

Thanks for the comment. I am always looking to encourage any artist. There is so much out there for artist that no one really shares.

Darlene Collins

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome video. I am so impressed by your talent. Good luck with the contest.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Peter Chung said...

Just stumbled upon your site... :)

I am also a wedding videographer and appreciate what you are doing.

Great work! It's so encouraging to see lovers of God doing such creative works! (Exodus 31)

God Bless you, Scarlett

5:50 PM  
Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

excellent style. wonderful work. i hope we have the chance to collaborate in the future. good luck with the competition.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still marvel as I watch your gifts unfold...each creation seems to be more beautiful than the next! God has given you wonderful vision. You have a way of reaching deep into one's soul and shining a light for all to see. And then you paint our souls with wondrous textures and hues and notes. It is as if we are looking through the eyes of God with your camera. We see what God wants us to see with our hearts. Your work moves me to tears.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

WOW! Girl you did a great job!!! I love the emotion you captured!!! very well done! I think the best was when the guy took the guitar and totally started rockin' it... he knew how to play! :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

You are amazing, so are the people who took part in this project! God bless you!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome post scarlett, and that is a kicking video. work aside though, it sounds as if it was an amazing experience either way.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome post scarlett, and that is a kicking video. work aside though, it sounds as if it was an amazing experience either way.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe you produced that! That is really awesome. I am voting for Scarlett!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are proud of you. Keep doing the work of God. Your talent is outstanding. Always give Him the glory!! But you rock!!

Your captivating sisters...
Jenn Butler and Christy Scarbrough

9:08 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

Amazing!

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible job Scarlett! I'm going to vote for you now! You are so amazingly talented - I can't believe you shot this with no crew and completely unscripted. Amazing.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, cool video. makes me want to do some! the last video I made was with Premiere and that was way back in '94. Wow, it would be a lot of fun to run some dual processor big boy (or girl!) toy, adn toss a little video around.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home