Saturday, August 12, 2006

Photography vs. Videography

Last night I was at a spa party where the topic of photography vs. videography came up when it comes to budgeting for your wedding. I definitely appreciate the art of photography and think it is a great way to complement videography, but I am finding out more and more that while photography is the first thing brides secure, videography is the last thing they try to squeeze into their budget. At the same time, I continue to hear more and more newlywed brides say the one thing they regretted afterward not budgeting for was a videographer to rewind and capture the laughter of unscripted moments, the small details of preparing for the ceremony, the emotions and sounds and feelings involved in the day, the intimacy of their vows exchanged.

Last night at the party, I think a recent bride said it best:

"I wasn't originally going to get videography, but I ended up having it because my sister bought it as a gift for me. And now I'm so thankful I had it because I watch my video over and over. I don't even look at my photo album."

To all the brides out there trying to prioritize your budget, remember this: You wouldn't walk the isle without your exquiste dress, why walk down the isle without a videographer capturing your every step as you walk toward the next chapter in your life?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

there are many with budgets for both. they are hiding somewhere and i'm looking for them.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

This is definately interesting to read now that you're more of a wedding photographer than a videographer. Can you imagine one of YOUR brides saying "I hardly ever look at my album?" I think not :-D Your work is amazing no matter what it is, and that's what counts.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, yeah, it's funny how things evolved with my business since this post last year. I'm excited though to offer the kind of albumthat brides love to look at over and over again!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home