Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dressing Up

Working with so many talented photographers, I've become inspired to try out photography too since it is so closely related to the art of cinematography. Last week, I broke down and bought a Canon 30D and some fun lenses to play around with.

From a wedding, one of my favorite shots I always love is the "dress" shot as it hangs there waiting for the bride to put it on. To me, I've always seen the dress as a magic wand that transforms an ordinary girl into a princess for a day as she walks down the isle to her prince to live happily ever after. Since I don't have a wedding gown yet, I pulled out an old white prom dress to experiment with. Here are some shots I caught just as the sun was setting behind my porch.







14 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Beautiful dress shows! How amazing that light was. Awesome! ++

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. You do such wonderful detail work! The dress with the sun shining through is just awesome, as are all the rest! ++

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Incredible Scarlett - LOVE it! The flare is great - and the shot with the handbag and the dress details...just awesome!! :)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great dress shots. You are very talented with the video camera and it looks like it goes the same for photography. Great stuff++.

9:48 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

OMG You are turning into a photographer, girl! I LOVE em all, especially the coat rack with the purse!!!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE them!!! Fantastic!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first shot is flippin' out of this world! (And I'm NOT just saying that!) Great stuff. Loads of inspiration here! ++

12:07 AM  
Blogger FireFly Images - St Louis Photographer said...

Those are fabulous, Scarlett! That first one especially is beautiful++

2:44 AM  
Blogger J@KE said...

Looks like you're pretty good with any kind of camera..... Great shots!

J@KE

7:14 AM  
Blogger Becky Waurio said...

I love the second one. What a great set of shots -- and so early! Great work!

2:24 PM  
Blogger allan z. said...

that sun flare is rocking HOT! glad you got your 30d! :)
++

5:36 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Whoa, what an incredible response. Thanks so much for everyone's compliments. If you only knew how I really had no clue what I was doing with all those crazy f-stops and shutter speeds, I just got lucky with a few great shots and lighting.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Ramiro said...

Awesome lighting on that dress, definetely ++ material.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett!!! Amazing shots!!! You are truly an artist and also a fabulous pal...and navigator.
w/luv
-lori schaneville

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home