Sunday, October 29, 2006

Great quote

This has to be my all time favorite quote and I just wanted to share it with everyone. I had heard it a long time ago, but then it was featured in the beautiful movie "Akeelah and The Bee". If you haven't seen that movie, RENT IT NOW!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us most.
We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and famous?’
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that people won’t feel insecure around you.
We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And when we let our light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."

~Marianne Williamson, American author and lecturer

Here's the trailer for the movie:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Anne Rodgers said...

Scarlett -

I found your blog through OSP...and laughed when I saw the Marianne Williamson quote that you posted, as I just posted that quote on OSP.

It looks like you are truly letting your light shine! As I said in my post I have truly been encouraged and liberated from my fears by watching the journey of other photogs...in their business and in life.

Thanks for letting us in on your journey!

May God continue to bless you richly!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home