Friday, October 27, 2006

Shawn McDonald Concert

Last night was sooooo much fun! My favorite Christian artist, Shawn McDonald was in town last night. Since I was a finalist in his music video contest, his awesome road manager, Kirk, reserved special seats for us and invited us to hang with Shawn after the concert on his tour bus!

I was excited to use the night to play around more with my new camera and lenses and all the cool lighting that goes along with concerts. Check out our night below!


SuperChic[k] is coming to town too! Woo hoo! I love them too! "One Girl Revolution" has always been my theme song.


Our special V.I.P. seats! ha!


Before the show.


Alli Rogers was the opening act. OH MY GOSH, she has the voice of an angel and was the most humble singer I've ever seen. Her music was soooo amazing. Check her out here!




Shawn McDonald.












Hanging with Shawn on his tour bus.


Shawn chatting with Bradley, who played Shawn's part in the music video.


My mom and I smiling with the opening act, Alli Rogers.


This was a cute little girl that during the show, she kept stealing her mom's SLR camera and running up to the front to grab a picture of Shawn. My friends kept joking during the show, "There's Scarlett when she was 10!" Then we ran into her after we got off the tour bus, and I just had to get a picture with my "Mini Me" also known as Danielle. :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger MarkGalligan said...

I realy love the first pic of Shawn. You realy captured the intimacy of someone whoe is worshiping with the gift that God gave them. Thats what shooting is all about. Capturing that one moment that tells the story. Great work. keep it up!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww thanks Mark! I know, I love how he was barefoot and all in that pic! That's what I love about Shawn, just that simple humble intimate worship with God. It's great to hear your feedback that you saw it captured that in one picture. I'll remember to keep that in mind for future shooting, to keep looking for that one moment.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I enjoyed all of the pictures, I agree with what Mark said... I absolutely love the first picture of Shawn. It's as if that one picture takes you into the throne room of God- it displays such a beautiful portrait of what worship is all about!

I'm glad you all had a really good time!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Awesome Pics Scarlett!! I haven't heard of Shawn, but I will check him out!! Hope to meet you at OSP South!!

Christy

11:47 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

I love your logo, Scarlett. These shots are great. I love the marquee one. You have a Very creative eye. Oh and the pug video is awesome. You almost got arrested on that trip didn't ya?

1:00 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks everyone for the new compliments!!

Taryn- You're an angel as always!

Christy- I look forward to meeting you too!

Crystal-Thanks! Yeah we were close a few times in the video, the cops kept kicking us out of places we apparently weren't allowed to shoot.

Greg- Ha ha THANKS! That means a LOT coming from you because I've always thought YOUR work was indescribably stunning! I'd love to come second shoot with you sometime to get some more practice and learn from the master! :-D

10:48 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

Awesome:) It's amazing how popular blogs are getting. People definitely love them so keep blogging:)

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home