Saturday, January 13, 2007

A little more meant a lot of more...

I have been so touched by all the comments and stories shared from my previous post "What if God was One of Us?" I've received a few personal emails as well with stories following up about how the post meant something special to others, and I wanted to share with everyone else this one particular email that left me in tears. I'm just so humbled that from one little blog I wrote, I am able to witness all these miracle stories developing. Enjoy the story!

From one of my blog readers, Taryn, 18, in Ohio:

"Hi girl. I have an amazing story for you. So, 8 of us from my church went to a really bad part of an inner city near us and volunteered at a homeless shelter. Well, before we actually started serving meals there, the director of the shelter did an orientation with us and he mentioned the 'A Little More' song that you did the video to and went on to say how its like the shelters mission kinda thing.

I had my laptop there with me for some reason because Rick (one of the guys from my church) asked me to bring it, but didnt know the reason why...just felt like God had told him to.

So, I was sitting listening to this guy talk about this song...and I remembered that you had posted the video on your blog just recently. So, I told him about it and then logged on to your website and played the video for the director and he just stood there in shock..with that jaw drop look to him.. and he's like 'Thats it...thats totally it' and he asked me if he could show it to a few of the guys that come into the shelter on a daily basis.

At first I was kinda wondering why he would show that to a homeless person, but he said to just trust him, that it was perfect. So, I havent made the connetion yet as to why he wanted them to see it, but all I know is that 3 guys from the homeless shelter accepted Christ today because of that video. It opened the door for this guy to lead them to Christ! So, I had to tell you that. It was amazing. I so wish I could have gotten pictures for you... but we werent allowed to take pictures there. But yeah! I just had to tell you that story."

THANK YOU SO MUCH TARYN! That made my day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Thats so awesome and amazing!!! Your video wins the "real" contest after all!!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

You are wonderful! Thank you for challenging me to live better!

1:00 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

That is amazing Scarlett! Wow, God will totally blow you away with how he will use your life to influence others for his Glory.


wow.

looking forward to Thrusday! :D

1:54 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Mike- Yeah, it's nice that it still makes a difference despite not winning the contest. Just proof that God does answer our prayers, but not always in the way we would think.

Stacy- Wow, what a powerful compliment. Thanks girl!

Katie- So true! Can't wait to see you Thursday!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home