Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Eve in NYC

HAPPY 2007!!

Every New Year's Eve, I like to reflect back over the year thinking, "Wow, if I had only known a year later I would be where I'm at today." This year, God took me to the heart the of the country's celebration, New York City. Though I didn't get to see the ball drop in person, I was just a few short blocks away filming a beautiful wedding for Julie and Robert. Check back in a few weeks for their highlight intro.

My cousin, Becky, joined me to assist in filming the wedding, but we arrived a few days earlier to enjoy the city, and to shoot a promo video for NYC photographer Jason Groupp. I was also excited at the opportunity to shoot an engagement session with Jason for a lovely couple, Joe and Kristen, in Central Park. Stay tuned for those photos, but for now, here are some fun ones of our journey in the city.


Becky and I started our first night off in style having dinner at the famous Tavern on the Green restaurant in the middle of Central Park.


Later that night, we had dessert with my friend, Frank, who then took us on a quick tour of the city. Here, Becky and I are in front of the giant decorated Christmas Tree in the middle of Rockefeller Center. The tree overlooks the ice skating rink that you always see on TV and in movies.


This is the NBC tower. On the top floor is the Rainbow Room that I will be shooting a wedding at for Diane and Blake in June.


My friend, Frank, is such a riot. He was showing us pictures earlier of his documentary flagpole pictures he has taken on his travels throughout the years. Though he works in NYC, he had never taken one of him in the city, so I insisted on getting that shot for him. Here he is in front of the gorgeous St. Patrick's Cathedral. I was telling him, he needed to publish a book of all his pictures. Check out his website for other pictures of him on flagpoles throughout the world. It's so fascinating!


Times Square in all its glory.


This was the intersection where Jason and I shot the engagement session in Central Park. Turns out too, the building behind the sign is also the intersection where John Lennon used to live, for you Beatles fans out there.


One of my favorite highlights of the trip was when Becky and I took a Sex and the City tour with about 50 other groupies like us. The tour took us around on bus showing us all the hot spots of where certain scenes were in the show. One of our stops was here on the very front stoop where our idol Carrie Bradshaw lived. Turns out, the very Sarah Jessica Parker also lived just a block from that famous stoop.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I hope to make an NYC trip one Christmas. The city is beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to go. What a wonderful way to reward yourself for the hard-working 2006 that you had. I know 2007 will bring us both a lot of success. See you on Friday!

9:51 AM  
Blogger abcdef said...

I am so happy that you got this opportunity to go to NY, Scarlett. I know you got tons of pics, and I can tell from from your smile that you were having a total blast. Love the pics.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home