Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tara & Jason: A Colorful Day in Atlanta

One thing I love about being a wedding photographer is the opportunity to meet such cool brides and grooms. Every couple always has such a unique personality in their relationship, and if I could choose one word to describe Tara and Jason, it would be FUN. It was hard to catch them not laughing or smiling with each other, or Jason always trying to lean in for a kiss. When we found some old colorful buildings to shoot in front of, it was a perfect match for the colorful love Tara and Jason share. Even better, it was awesome to shoot with my good friends, Katie and Chris, who inspire me everyday, not only as amazing photographers, but in the ways their own marriage has been a beautiful example in my life.





















WARNING:
Partial nudity in the following picture. This was all the groomsmans idea (but I do admit made for a killer picture. I could barely take it I was laughing so hard. The one with the firm butt cheeks is the groom's DAD, believe it or not!)







Tara and Jason wanted to stop by a friend's bar to share a celebratory toast.










15 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

How fun! That was great. I love how we all captured the day in different ways and our PP was so different too. I love it.
Now let's go get some nachos and go to IKEA! :D

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Photography said...

Fun shots! Love the one of the bride laughing and the ones of them together with the bright backdrops.++

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

I just read on Katie's blog that you're in Atlanta...lucky!! I looove the south!
BTW, the groomsmen picture is hilarious! :D

6:00 PM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Killer shots like always! See ya soon! :) The shot of the girls in the bath tub is so cute!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Katie- Those nachos were YUMMY!

Alexis- Thanks girl! Yeah I love emotion in the bride laughing one.

Jazzy- Isn't Atlanta fun! We just drove past the Biltmore and I was thinking of you!

Jill- I can't wait to see you soon too!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My last bride had very similar dress embroidery! Great pictures!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Darla said...

These photos ROCK! Not only are the colors AMAZING but it looks like everyone was very comfortable with you.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ruth Rackley said...

What an awesome job capturing the fun and energy of this wedding. Love the contrast and color of your images. ++

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blue sky is amazing! What talent you have in capturing the captivating moments of a bride's wedding day!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauty lives! Once again you bring love to life in such vibrant incredible colors! Your images paint a palette of hues that inspire joy and celebration of living. Even the inanimate objects and backdrops seem to come to life.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

Scarlett, You are so great at finding color and vibrancy. This party looked like just that...a PARtay! Way to capture that. I'm certain they had a wonderful time having you there.

Totally miss you!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Olek- Small world about the dress!

Darla- Thanks! We had a great time.

Ruth- Thanks girl! I just got a referral from you, super thanks for that too.

Rachel- Yeah it's fun to play with the sky!

Mom- Thanks for noticing the little details.

Davina- I love exploring color! Thanks for noticing my usage of it! It really was a party!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scar, I simply love these pictures! You really have the knack for photography :-D I love the pictures with the colorful buildings :-D Keep it up :-D

7:43 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

Amazing! Loved'em all!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks DJ! Yeah, funny enough, I was thinking of you with the hill shot with her veil. I know that's one of your classics, and I had to try it out for myself. Such a cool perspective!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home