Sunday, January 28, 2007

Painting my dog with light

Today, my mom came over and she and I had fun painting my bathroom a pastel green (pictures later). Growing up, for whatever reason, we never painted walls. We decorated around the stark white walls with other decorations to create color in a room. But since moving into my own place last year, I was determined to step outside the box and experiment with painting walls. When I moved in, I painted my bedroom my signature color, pink. (My bedroom in this couple's engagement shot!)



And now a year later, I decided to give my bathroom a make over with the pastel green as part of an overall make over I've been working on the past few months for my whole place to now create a studio space to meet with future brides. I can't wait to show you pictures when it's done!

Anyways, back to the topic of painting. When I got done painting the bathroom today, I sat down at my computer to finally relax and I ran across a video by photographer John Michael Cooper about the beauty of painting with LIGHT. John Michael Cooper is the king of thinking outside the box and is known in the wedding photography world as the photographer who sets his brides on fire.. literally.

Though I was pooped from painting my bathroom all day, I couldn't help but want to jump up and experiment with this concept to maybe incorporate into my photography in the future. So here it was, midnight, the only model I had was yet again, my dog, Rhett, and his new "girlfriend", Georgia.

I didn't quite nail the concept, but I did get some really cool shots that I wanted to share with you guys. Enjoy! By the way, these are straight out of the camera, no editing done.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable what you can do with one camera, one light, one creative genius and one canine (or two if you count "georgia")born to pose! I guess even dogs have their limits. But not so with the mind of an artistic photographer!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hahaha! I loved your 'story'...I felt like I was reading a cool children's book! :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Mom!

Jasmine- Ha ha, that's funny a children's book. The Adventures of Rhett. He definitely entertains me enough that I could write a book about him!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I linked to you on photolovecat.com!
http://photolovecat.blogspot.com/2007/03/painting-with-light.html

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home