Monday, January 29, 2007

Sweet Charity

Last night I had fun girls night seeing the broadway show, Sweet Charity, starring 80s queen, Molly Ringwald. I'm not usually a fan of broadway, but this show rocked! I think I loved it for all the colorful and vibrant set designs and costumes. Anyone who knows my work knows I love vibrant color!

But what also rocked the show was the dancing! Having been a former cheerleader, I can certainly appreciate how hard of work dancing truly is, with all the memorization of steps and moves and placement. They just blew me away! And the coolest part was that I actually knew a few of the dancers. Coming back from Atlanta, I was on the same flight with them and sat next to one of the dancers, David, from the show. He was kind enough to hook my friends and I up with VIP seats and he totally rocked the house with his performance as "Big Daddy".

After the show, we snatched a quick photo with him as he was heading out the stage door and he was off to the next city on the tour. Be sure to check out the show if it's coming to a city near you!



Also, another thing that made the night so fun was getting to meet the wonderful and fabulous Darice Michelle and her assistant Heather. Darice is another wedding photographer in town whose work I adore. We have been emailing for so long, but hadn't met yet, so I invited her join my friend Rachel and I, and I'm so glad I did because she and Heather were so much fun! Be sure to check out her site at daricemichelle.com.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Big Spender...do you want to have fun? How's about a few LAUGHS, LAUGHS? I can show you a GOOD TIME!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Darice Michelle said...

This photo just makes me laugh. It was freezing outside that night, yet we had to get a photo of us all. I think we just wanted to share each others body heat, doing the photo was just an excuse (ha ha). It was such a great night!!

I was so glad to finally meet Scarlett. Her talent blows me away! It's like having a "California Photographer" in Jacksonville. I just love her style and technique. We are so alike, we are obsessed with photography and love the artistic side of photography! I too, am big on color so it was so easy to admire her work.

If you are a bride that will be working with Scarlett, consider yourself very lucky! She's so awesome!!!

Darice Michelle

9:04 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww Darice you are amazing!! I'm going to hire you to do my public relations! ha ha It's funny you mention I'm like a "California photographer" because I do actually have a lot of California photographer friends. Maybe they rub off on me! ha

It was fabulous to meet you doll! Hire Darice too! She rocks!

It's great to share this journey with you!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home