Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope your day was filled with blessings of loved ones and were given time to reflect on the little things in life that mean the most.

My parents and I spent it in Orlando with my grandparents and uncle and cousin, and I enjoyed the simplicity of just spending time with family I wish I could see more often. I think what hit me the hardest was as I was leaving and my grandma said to me, "It really means a lot to us that you have squeezed in this time with your grandfather and I. I know you are becoming so busy in your life with work and everything." It almost made sad to hear that I've let work become a priority over those I love, that my family, who are most important to me, feels as if they have to squeeze in time with me. So I'm thankful for holidays that force us to put our priorities back in order. I know it's not quite New Year's yet, but I really want to make a resolution for the coming year to spend more time with loved ones. I hope you are able to do the same.

I'm a bad photographer and didn't get any casual pictures of our family together, but I did use the time together to do a portrait session with my cousin, Becky, and her adorable 7 year old son, Elijah. They both have the most beautiful glittering blue eyes and I couldn't wait to get my camera on them.

I asked Elijah if he could come in the backyard real quick, thinking I was going to have to drag some shots out of him. But he totally surprised me and his mom as he completely lit up in front of the camera. I didn't have to tell him a single way to pose, he just kept coming up with new ideas "How about this? And how about that?" Elijah was completely a natural in front of the camera and this kid should be modeling for LL Bean or GAP Kids or something. Here are a few of my favorites!



















Next, Becky played dress up for a diva glamour shoot on the town. The fabulous Tim Co. joined us as we crashed Portofino Bay Hotel in Universal Studios (where I'm excited to shoot a wedding next year for Chrissy and Chris) and Downtown Disney for some fabulous walls to use as backdrop. I had so much fun turning my cousin/best friend into a supermodel for the night (while learning the trickyness of night shooting and everything that goes along with that.)

































5 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

OMG!! That little boy is too cute for words! His mother needs to use those pictures and submit them to an agent! :)
Beautiful!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving Scarlett! Looks like you got to have a bit of fun as well! Elijah is a natural, love it when they are like that! Love your shots of Becky - a ton of fun crashing the town with a hot photoshoot! I dont know that there is anything more fun actually!!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jenna & Matt Walker said...

scarlett!
what awesome work! you are scary with a camera in hand - really amazing stuff! keep it coming!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks guys! I'm having fun trying out all sorts of new shoots. I never realized my family and friends love to model so much. I totally need to submt Eli's pics to some modeling agencies. He was born to model!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these pictures of Elijah and Becky--the pictures themselves are amazing and capture so much. Besides, they just look so natural in front of the camera!!

I love you work yet once again, Scarlett!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home