Monday, November 20, 2006

A Sweet Southern Creek Wedding in Charleston, SC

Charleston has always been one of my favorite Southern towns for the old fashioned homes, ambiance and all the delicious food like shrimp and grits! I was excited to return this weekend to shoot a wedding with the adorable Jill Higgins for a great couple, Lauren and TJ. It was a totally different experience seeing a wedding from a photographer's point of view vs. a videographer's point of view, and nice not to have to stress about audio and shaking my camera as I'm running around. ha!

Below are some of my favorite shots from the day. I'd love to hear everyone's critique and feedback.

And for *BRIDES* looking for photography, stay tuned to the blog because I will soon be relaunching a new website and offering photography packages as well!


Lauren's ring was HUGE!


Lauren and her maid of honor sister are lucky to be very naturally beautifully girls who don't need much make up. If Lauren had it her way, she probably wouldn't have worn it at all for her wedding, but she was trying to make her mom happy for pictures. As Jill and I were capturing pictures of her dress, I hear from the bathroom Lauren say "Can someone who knows how to put on make up run in here to help me?" I knew that that was a great picture waiting to be captured.


Lauren's gorgeous dress!


I loved the brand name of Lauren's shoes... Grace.


All throughout the wedding, Lauren kept trying to run away from her mom chasing her around with that bright red lipstick for touchups. "Mooooom, I feel like I'm in 3rd grade getting ready for my school picture," Lauren said. "This is different, honey, " her mom said with her sweet Southern drawl. "Now I'm giving you Angelina lips."


A gorgeous bridal portrait.


Daddy's little girl.


Lauren and TJ sharing their first prayer together. But TJ sneaks a peek at his beautiful bride.


Time to live happily ever after.


Walking into their destiny.


The girls requested a fun picture that looked like it could be on the cover of Bride magazine.


Meanwhile, boys just want to get it over with. ha!


North meets South. While Lauren grew up in Charleston, TJ was from Philedelphia. They even served Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches at the reception.


God is an amazing artist, that's all I have to say!


The first dance.


Though Lauren was shy in front of the camera, once the music started, she broke it down all over the dance floor.


The awesome cake.


Lauren got ready to be smothered. But TJ was a gentleman and simply spoonfed her.

Here are some shots Jill got of me while testing her exposure:

The "Tim Co." shot.


My first dance!

11 Comments:

Blogger Davina said...

Ummmm...so when can you come to Utah and give me photography lessons?

Those are KILLER shots, Scarlett! Wow!!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Tim Co. said...

I really love the bride and her father and the killer shoe shot! very very nice!

4:04 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

You are amazing! You rock my world!!!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Great job Scarlett! It was so great having you along! :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wow Scarlett, awesome job! Whats not to like, its hard to pick faves they are all so good!!!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Scarlett, these are amazing! Wonderful work!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scar, these are wonderful!! I really love the one of the bride and groom's silhouettes with the sunset background :-D God is so good and thank you for being an instrument and capturing God's grace and the happiness of this couple :-D

11:24 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Wow! Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response!

Davina- Ha ha... I would LOVE to come shoot with you sometime. Let me know what you have coming up!

Tim Co.- The shoe shot is one my faves too! Then again, I'm a little obsessed with cute shoes.

Katie- You rock my world too girl!

Jill- You're amazing! I loved shooting with you!

Mike- Aww, thanks. Glad you like them all.

Lauren- Thanks!!

Corinna- Thanks girl, you are so sweet! I can't wait to shoot your wedding in Vegas!!

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kick butt! The shoe shot is like kool-aid! RED! Awesome stuff.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Scarlett! These are gorgeous! I am SO VERY PROUD of you! I know my clients would love you!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Davina said...

I would so love for you to come out here! I have two weddings next month...

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home