Sunday, December 03, 2006

To my surprise....

WOW! I have the best family and friends EVER! Friday night I was totally blown away by an amazing surprise birthday party everyone put together for me. It was completely unexpected because my birthday actually isn't until later this month on Christmas Day. But with the craziness of the holidays, they wanted to have the party early on so that my birthday wouldn't be overlooked.

It started a few weeks ago when my mom called me up and told me to schedule this night for a "mystery mother daughter date." For some reason, I just thought she was just going to sneak me away to see the premiere night of The Nativity since the movie is about Jesus' birthday, and it came out Friday night. I am anxious to see the movie because I have always felt honored to share my birthday with my Savior, and I am looking forward to watching a movie that celebrates His birth. So I knew something was up, but thought it would just be her and I, not the grand scale of friends and family it became.

The night started with her picking me up and her insisting on doing a small diva shoot in my condo. (This is where I get my passion for photography from, and practice modeling ha ha!) Then she took me to my favorite restaurant Blue Bamboo and I walk in to find half the restaurant full of all my favorite people!!! My friends thought of everything and had our long table decorated in candles and roses and doilies... all the girly things I LOVE! Next thing I know, in walks in my best friend from college, Katie, who drove all the way up from south Florida just to surprise me! I don't get to see her as much now that we live two different places and she's happily married, so her visiting was truly unexpected but totally the icing on the cake! It was a night of many tears of joy!

The last present the girls made me open was a handmade set of pajamas that said "IT'S ALL ABOUT SCARLETT" because the next place they were kidnapping me to was my friend Rachel's condo where we literally had an old fashion PAJAMA PARTY full of junk food, face masks, jumping up and down on the couch, watching Sex and the City reruns, dancing and singing to Kelly Clarkson and playing our favorite board game "Un Uh, No He Didn't!"

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH to Rachel, Franca and Barbara for all your wonderful efforts in putting together this night. You truly made me feel loved and special! And to everyone else who was there, or were there in spirit, I LOVE YOU ALL! Happy 26th Birthday to me!!

A few of my favorite shots from the night are below, but be sure to watch the fun slideshow of my "perfect day!!"

>>>>>>CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW!


My place setting!


All my favorite people left to right: My adopted grandma, Frances; my friends Franca and Rachel; my dad; moi; mom; my friend Cassie; my friend Barabara; my adopted aunt Donna and her husband (Not pictured: Katie wasn't there yet)


Being born on Christmas, my mom always says I am her favorite Christmas present she ever got!


The pajamas my friend Barbara made for our slumber party!


Lately I've been all about the jumping pictures. I just love the emotion that comes out of people mid air. So I told my girls to jump!


Our beauty secret revealed!

15 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

How fun! How special! that is awesome Scarlett. My birthday is December 11th, and I know how it feels to be overlooked even two weeks before Christmas.

I'm so glad they made you feel special!

Happy Early Birthday!

Katie

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy you enjoyed the party. It was such a joy to see your reaction and to spend this time with you on your special day! I love the slide show. Perfect song!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Katie- Fun, I didn't know our birthdays were so close together! Happy early birthday to you too!

Rachel- Thanks soooooooo much for being the ultimate party planner. I cherish our friendship!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cherish our friendship too! Who would have guessed back when we were 11 that we would become such a tremendous influence in each other's lives! We've been friends for 15 years! It's great to know I have someone like you in my life who's willing to listen, give great advice, and enjoy the good times with me! All my love to you! And little Rhett too...he is the apple of his momma's eye!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

glad you had fun and happy pre-birthday! this way i won't forget.

7:36 PM  
Blogger janelle lynn photography said...

Happy "early" Birthday! :-)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Happy -EARLY- Birthday to you Scarlett! Goodness, you have such an awesome family and groups of friends...you're BLESSED!

7:36 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

I hope your birthday is everything you wish for and more! What an awesome date to be born on.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Wow thank you everyone! I feel like my birthday is this whole month with everyone's continuous birthday greetings. Thanks for everyone's comments and continuing to be interested in my blog and my world. That in itself is such a gift!

8:46 PM  
Blogger J@KE said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Scarlett, Happy Birthday to you.

May you find the hand of the Lord through all you do and may His blessings always be on your life. Happy Birthday,

J@KE

7:29 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Aww Jake! You're the best! Thanks for the song!

1:42 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

happy early birthday to you, girl! Looks like fun!! :)

2:34 AM  
Blogger carblemarble said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and I love it! Thanks for sharing all your great pictures!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kacy said...

Fun!! I can't wait to visit your condo (I swear it will be soon), the photos I've seen of it so far look like you did an awesome job decorating it, and it is soooo you. You should do a slideshow just of it! :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww hi CarbleMarble. Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!!

Kaci Jo- ha, I just might do a slideshow of my condo. I'm trying to do some redecorating to incorporate my photography on the walls for being able to meet with brides at my place in the new year, so maybe when I've got it ready I'll do the slideshow. But I can't wait for you to visit and see it in person too!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home