Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Future Miss America

"Jayci, can you sit in the bed of tulips for the next shot?"

"But thats, durrrrty," Jayci so girlishly responded with her southern accent.

Jayci is definitely a girly girl who loves all things pink, drawing, cheerleading and participating in local Alabama beauty pageants. If I had a little girl, she would be just like Jayci. But Jayci is the little girl of one of my best friends growing up, Sherie. It's still the weirdest thing in the world to me that the little girl I used to play with when we were Jayci's age, now has a little girl herself.

This weekend, Sherie and her sister, Misty, and their mom all visited from lower Alabama, and the panhandle area of Florida where my dad grew up. None of us are related, but Sherie and Misty have always felt like cousins to me considering our dads grew up together. We were laughing last night about the fact that, when we went to see my dad's side of the family, we never actually stayed with family, we always stayed with Sherie and Misty's family. I guess our parents knew how much we loved playing dress up together and having pajama parties.

Now its Jayci's turn to play dress up. So she borrowed my grandma's pearls, my mom's hat, my old bedroom, my parent's yard, and my puppy Rhett for a fun photoshoot.

























15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett, This is so cool! Great job!!!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole set is lovely but I think I enjoy the bed jumping one and the one where she's looking at the camera from under the hat the best. :) The colors in all are so wonderful, too!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Shan Renee said...

Absolutely adorable! Beautiful images!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

Aw! She's SO cute! Great job capturing the emotions of the moments.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Olek- Thanks!

Denise- Those are two of my faves too!

Shan Renee- I know, she was so adorable!

Christian- Thanks for noticing the emotion, I'm always looking for that to capture when they don't realize I'm capturing it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger nicole green said...

how cute is she!?! :) i love these!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my biological clock just started ticking! These are wonderful. Keep up the fabulous work!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Nicole- Thanks girl!

Rachel- I know, it really makes me want a little girl!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Tessa said...

Adorable! Now I want a cute little girl too!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

How CUTE!!! I LOVE the hat shot!!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Tessa- I KNOW! Me too!

Anne- Thanks girl! I know, that's my fave too!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scar, I love these pictures--my all-time fave is her holding the hat down. :-D Excellent--keep up the great shots!!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! I love the bed jumping pic and the hat/eyes and the last one. SO inspiring. Keep up the great work, Scarlett!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Sky + Carla said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sky + Carla said...

Wow! I love the processing you did on these. Your blog is pretty hot!

-Sky

(I screwed up my last comment- sorry :)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home