Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Ying and Yang week



This week has been such an incredible week of a lot of blessings from doors God has opened up for me. First I had the honor of being asked to have my work showcased on the new BluDomain template as one of their featured photographers. They designed my website, and if you need a portfolio website of your own, definitely go with them, they are awesome!

Then The Knot, the bible for brides, contacted me about having some of my work published in the coming months.

And last night I got asked to be a guest on Gavin Seim's podcast, Pro Photography Show, which we will be recording tonight. Be sure to stay tuned in the next few days to hear the interview. You will also be able to download the podcast on iTunes.

However..... along with the blessings, this has also been a week of miscommunication between myself and other friends and photographers with something nice I was trying to do that I was unaware would instead hurt or upset them. I have done what I can to extend peace and rectify situations privately, but I just wanted to put a post on here to publicly share with others involved that I have never meant to hurt anyone. I have the purest of hearts and I am always wishing nothing but good things for others. So many times I go over and beyond to bend backwards for others and give of myself to help further them along. I would never ever use a friendship to try to get ahead or choose to disrespect anyone. We are all in this thing together, and as my career continues to grow, I would rather take you with me on the ride than leave you behind. Everyday I am continuing to learn more about how to become a better photographer and business woman, and I am so so thankful to those that have guided me along the way and shared knowledge with me and cheered me on. I feel so blessed to be able to have a job I absolutely LOVE, yet, I am not perfect, and I will be the first to admit that. I make mistakes along the way, I learn from them and move on. With growth naturally comes growing pains.

I just wanted to share with everyone my sincerest of hearts, and I hope you know that I am always for you, not against you. It brings me great joy to give back and help others along the way, because I know how hard it is to get started and have faith that your hard work will pay off. People lately have been asking me what the secret to my success in such a short time is, and honestly, I have to give all credit to God. Every morning I start my day with prayer asking Him to guide me on the journey of my career and to continue using me as a vessel to bring glory to His kingdom through the gifts He's given me. But I am human, and slip along the way, so thank you for loving me unconditionally. For the cheerleaders in my life, I thank you so much for all your continued prayers and support as we walk this path together.

17 Comments:

Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

Hi Scarlett ~ you don't know me, but my husband and i are photographers in the tampa and soon the gainesville area. i just wanted to say that i SO admire your post - it's awesome to see how God is using your talents and gifts and I love that you have given Him the credit! thanks for the reminder that without Him we are nothing. and CONGRATS on all the amazing things that have happened to you this week! keep it up girl - you rock!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone... I just want to say that Scarlett does have a pure heart and is willing to help anyone per-fect their talents. She has helped me... a stranger photographer from another state. Thanks Scarlett for answering my crazy questions. God Bless and ROCK ON with all of the stuff going on!!!
L Begley

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett,

Isint it amazing how God sends us little reminders of His love when we are going through the tough times? I said that to say congratulations on the incredible things that have happened this week... SO admirable, girl!

You are so talented and so gifted, Scarlett, and I appreciate the sincerity that is behind everything that you do. It's hard to find people out there that have as huge of a heart and are as real and genuine as you are. You're like a breath of fresh air in the industry.

Press on and continue the amazing things that you are doing...

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, Blogger ate my comment! Anyway, big grats on all the good stuff and I hope the miscommunication stuff works out. Loved all the items in Betty, btw. ;)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hi...I don't know what's going on, but know that I'm praying for you. Hopefully there's more Ying to come than Yang in the near future ;)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Wow, thank you so much everyone for all your encouraging support. You have each brought tears to my eyes through your kind words. Thank you for your prayers and for taking the time to spread the love!

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my "captivating" daughter,

I am EXTREMELY proud of your exquisite post and the way you are handling the current adversity that you are dealing with. You are destined for success because you continue to keep your eyes on the Lord no matter what storm is swirling around you. You have learned to respond to attacks as Jesus would - the only answer to any question is love. I admire your faith which is evident in all you do and to all you meet. We must continue to pray for those who are less fortunate and who do not understand the Lord's two greatest commandments - love the Lord with all your heart and soul and your NEIGHBOR as yourself. Keep watching the successful leaders in this industry like Mike Colon and DJ. They obviously understand the power of the Lord as the main ingredient in their lives which leads to dreams come true.

7:09 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

So cool...this is all so great for you!!! Even the hard stuff is good for us. We learn and grow from it. Don't worry, it will pass and you will be wiser for it! Once again, CONGRATS for all the exposure!

Katie

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett-
I only had to meet with you once and YOU captivated my spirit. Without knowing it you encouraged my walk with God and made me want to strive to be a better, more gentle christian. People like you are so rare. Simply because you will let Him, He will continue to order your steps. Stay on the Potters' wheel. Congratulations on all the wonderful career opportunities!! I cant wait for the articles and podcasts. My photographer is FAMOUS :)

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you won't let this get you down...you truly are captivating and there are so many people out there who will benefit from your photography and from you as a person. God created us all in his likeness, but it's up to us to realize that and put the talents he's given us to use. Keep going Scarlett!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don’t know you but your work is amazing. You have a great style! Congratulations on all your successes! I do believe that a lot what transpired is about sour grapes. I watched this unfold at pro4um and I just wanted to let you know you have a lot of supporters who think this was all just silly and blown way way out of proportion. I’m sorry that several people could be so petty and silly. I feel badly for BluDomain not being a member of the forum and couldn’t defend themselves. I hope they discontinue their sponsorship of the photographers who spoke so wrongly about them. I wish you much success and I will be watching your work. I’m a fan.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scar, I'm not really sure what's going on but just to let you know that I'm a big fan of your work. :-) I've been doing photography for so long--mainly as a hobby, and I'm so happy for you that you're really good at this in such a short time! With your background in architect, magazine editing, graphic design and videography--you really have the eye for art and capturing God's beauty around us. :-) Always keep in mind that God knows what's truly in our hearts, and I'm a blessed to have a Christian friend like you since high school (wow, over 10 years now!). :-)

Keep up the great job!!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Jen E. said...

Hey girl, thanks for your message on my blog! Yes, I really admire your work, and was checking out both your blog and website (as you know!). I should have said hi and formally introduced myself..well, I'm doing that now! :)
Anyway, I'm not sure what events transpired , but your work and website are amazing!

Oh, P.S We are probably moving to Mayport/Jacksonville in March of 08! How cool!! (noticed you are from there)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know...as your grow and become more recognized, these things will happen. I think you have a great, fresh style, just stay true to you and try not to sweet the other "stuff"...

11:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle Huber said...

Ditto to L Begley's comment-You Rock Scarlett!
Congrats on the Knot opportunity! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger My Funky Camera said...

You go girl!! Keep your head up!! If you ever head down to the Miami area, stop by my house!!!
Congratulations on your work.
Gabi

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett really is an example of a pure heart. Her post surely proves that! I just love her! And, she's certainly a peacemaker. Scarlett, I'll be praying that God continues to strengthen you in your walk!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home