Monday, August 13, 2007

Take Me There

One thing I love about working in the wedding industry is the music. Ok, so I've heard Electric Slide, Stomp, Celebrate, We Are Family and Shout one too many times, but what I mean is the syrupy sweet love songs. I never get tired of watching a couple dance their first dance to their special song. I always love finding out the story to why they love the song they chose and why it is so special to them.

So of course, with all the other notes I'm taking of awesome things to do for my own wedding one day, love songs are another thing I take note of. I don't think I'll have to hire a DJ, at this point, I can just hook up my iPod with the huge playlist of wedding songs I have saved! It's going to be so hard to pick a favorite song to dance to with my husband for our first dance, because I swear, a new one always comes around that becomes my new "first dance" song. And this week's song is the new single by Rascal Flatts,"Take Me There."

I was driving in my car the other day and it came on the radio. I almost turned the station because the first few chords didn't grab me, but I didn't recognize the song, so I let it stay a few more seconds to see if it was worth listening to. And wow, by the end of the song, I was SOBBING in my car. It was just the most beautiful song.

Part of me was sobbing because, somedays, honestly, I feel so hopeless that I could ever know a love as beautiful as described in the song. That a guy would ever possibly want to know the depths of my heart as described in that song. But the other part of me was sobbing because on the otherhand, I am actually very hopeful that one day I will get to experience that kind of beautiful love, and I'm so anxious for that day to get here. I'm just so ready to meet my husband and share life with him, whereever he is. I so know that he will be worth the wait, I just keep reminding myself of that. :-)

Anyways, Rascal Flatts hasn't released a video yet for the song, but I found this video on YouTube where someone wrote out the lyrics as it plays. So for all the hopeless romantics like me, I just wanted to share the beauty of this song. Enjoy!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to access this from the office, but would love to hear the song tonight. I'm sure it's great based on what you said :)

Can't wait to see Lauren, Spencer, Heidi and the gang tonight! HA!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Cecile said...

You will find him...the one meant for you....because he is already making his way to finding you!!!!

Miss Scarlett...it is a most beautiful song indeed...never heard it til now.....

2:33 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

you're sweet, Scarlett - and he's just around the corner waiting for you, too! :) God's timing is perfect.

5:44 PM  
Blogger sara d harper said...

I feel ya girl!!!! Me too!!! Have you heard "one day closer to you" carolyn dawn johnson-look it up!
I'm learning to be content with the place God has me at the moment, single... I just hope its over soon. haha.
Are you going to partner con?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- Team Lauren all the way!

Cecile- Thanks for your encouragement! Glad you like the song too!

Stacy- Thanks sweets!

Sara- LOL, we can be single and fabulous together! Yes, I have heard that song, I totally love it! Whatever happened to CDJ? She kind of disappeared. And no, I won't be at the LA PartnerCon, but I was at the Chicago one! :-)

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm listening to the song as I write this comment. Can't wait to hear it completely: never have! Love the Rascal Flatts as well. Definitely listen to that Carolyn Dawn Johnson song--she just happens to be my cousin. Haha: a little family plug there!

My wedding song THIS year: "Blue Eyes" by Cary Brothers. So pretty. I just happen to have blue eyes as well--so it works!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

I literally JUST heard this song in the car like 5 minutes ago!!! I pulled into the garage and just SAT there... its soo soooo great. *sigh*

12:05 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

omigosh, I LOVE Rascal Flatts and I LOVE this song! Last month we went to see them in concert, which also turned out to be the very first stop on their new tour and they debuted the song. So I think I may have been among the first to hear it...well, y'know, me and the other 50,000 people who were there! :P

You'll find it my darling Scarlett...you are too beautiful a person (both inside and out) to not be loved like that!

xoxo
m:)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jamie- Hmm cool I'll have to download that song. I haven't heard of it. I need one that talks about green eyes.

Shyla- TOO funny! This always seems to happen with you and I. Funny how connected we can be all this distance apart.

Mary Bess- How fun about the concert. Yeah I saw them in concert a few years ago. They put on an awesome show! Thanks too for your encouraging words. Does Justin have any brother? ha ha just kidding

1:15 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jamie- p.s. I just reread the part about your cousin! WOW! So, like whatever happened to her? Is she ever going to put out more music? I miss her stuff!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home