Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tara & Robbie are engaged!

"So are you ever going to kiss me, or what," Tara asked Robbie as she leaned against the bar in New York City, where Robbie had moved from Ireland a few years before.

Though Tara was from Denver, she frequently visited NYC to show dogs in competitions. She would always go with her friends to this one bar across the street from the arena where Robbie would serve them drinks.

Finally, Robbie kissed Tara and they've been head over heels ever since.

I recently met with Tara and Robbie up at the gorgeous and historic Jekyll Club in Jekyll Isand, Georgia, where I will be shooting their destination wedding in September. They also brought their little girl, Abigail, a sweet dog that Tara rescued. For part 2 of their session, we went out to the beach to get some shots with Abigail, and before I knew it, it turned into a "trash the dog" session when Robbie picked up his girls and carried them into the ocean.

>>>CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW












Tara and Robbie will soon dance their first dance here on this lawn in front of the Crane Cottage where their reception will be held.









Above is the Faith Chapel where Tara and Robbie's ceremony will be held. This chapel is one of 5 in the country that showcases a Tiffany stained glass window.







A girl can't help but L-O-V-E Tara's glittery 5 karat ring!













16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am speechless! And that's a big deal for me! I can't even pick a fave here! Insanely great! The one in the water.... my jaw dropped! I am so thankful that your are so willing to share your gift with people! You really inspire me to get out there and try new things and strive to get better with my photography. Once again that's saying something being that I'm pregnant and don't feel like doing ANYTHING!!!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

Oh, man, the one of all their wet feet is AMAZING. :) Seriously - if that were a pic of Stan and I with our dog, I would blow it up huge and put it on our mantle. I love it!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Amy DeYoung said...

LOVE the feet shot!! How funny :) How is Florida? Miss you!

10:20 AM  
Blogger nicole green said...

dan and i were sitting here looked at these and we flipped when we saw the one of their feet with the pup's legs. :) it's absolutely adorable. :) we are huuuuge dog lovers. now we want a photo of the three of us like that. haha!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Carla Jean said...

The shots in the ocean are DEFINITELY my favorites. They just look so natural.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

LOVE the feet shot!!! It made me say "awwwwww" :) awesome girl!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Sharon- Awwww.. wow, I'm thrilled to have inspired you that much!

Stacy- LOL, I know, after I shot the feet shot, I was like, aww I want to do that one day with my hubby and Rhett and blow it up big.

Amy- I miss you in Florida too! But I was just checking out your blog and saw you have a lot of new fun places to explore for engagement sessions there in San Antonio!

Nicole- Awww, you and Dan should totally do that shot!

Carla- Fun!

Amy- Thanks! :-)

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooh!!!!! LOVE THESE! Those shots with their dog are PRICELESS! and what a cute couple! Can't Wait for their wedding with rockstar you!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Katie- LOL, can't wait to have a rockstar second shooter! And I think their dog will be at the wedding too, so that could make for some more fun shots!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are adorable!!! The feet photo is my favorite! The little doggy is so cute!!!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

OMG....the feet shot with their dog is awesome!! I want one! ;)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jazz- LOL, you should totally do that your cute pup!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shot with their feet + their dog's feet is hilarious. lovelovelove.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Rebekah!

3:56 PM  
Blogger SteinwaysMom said...

Wow I just saw your blog on Jessica Claire - awesome work! I love whatever action/processing you use on the photos.

I really like the one w/the feet too.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

SteinwaysMom- Glad you found me through JC's blog! Thanks for the compliments about the processing. :-)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home