Monday, July 30, 2007

Kayla trashed her prom dress!

A few months ago, a nice man named Rick, emailed me after hearing my interview on the Pro Photography Show, and then further telling me of his high school granddaughter, Kayla, who is an aspiring photographer. I told him how one of the best things I did to help me as a photographer was be on the other side of the camera first, so we then scheduled a session for Kayla to get some cool "trash the prom dress" photos.

Kayla is a superstar softball player in high school, so we met at one of her favorite fields and she brought her gear to use as accessories in the photos. We had a great time rolling in the red clay field and bonding over photography! Her grandpa even hooked me up to a wireless mic and filmed the whole session so that Kayla could go back later and study my techniques on how I got the photos of her that I did. Even though she is the next great photographer, and will be a third generation photographer in the family, she was also a fabulous and gorgeous model!

>>>CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW








































Then, Kayla's grandpa, Ric, on the sidelines, sporting his favorite hat and camera!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres creative! I love the idea of combining a dress-trashing (don't we all love that stuff?) and a senior-ish session.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Tawny said...

Beeeeeutiful and yummy colors! What an awesome photo shoot!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

awesome! love the shot of the dirt in her hands!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

omigosh!! these are SOOO gorgeous! the color, the light, the whole theme is AWESOME! way to go, girlie.

xoxo
M:)

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!
my fav is the last one!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

These are very cool. Love the fence one.

I found you off Jessica Claire's blog. I was just reading and then I was like, "what a minute! Jacksonville?!" LOL.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ryan- Thanks! Yeah I thought it would be fun to combine both ideas.

Tawny- Thanks! You know how much I love yummy colors.

Kara- Ha, yeah had to dirty it up somehow.

Mary Bess- Thanks! xoxo to you too!

Gina- Thanks!

Katie- Awesome that you found me on JC's blog! Do you have a shootsac too? ;-) Also, do you have a website, or just your blog? All I could find is your blog (and your pics were precious on it!)

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett--the pictures are amazing! I love them! Great idea for senior pictures.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Nope, just a blog for now. A website is in the works, but I keep getting stalled.

Oooh, I wish I had a shootsac. I've been spending a little more than I'm making at the moment so I'm holding off on the shootsac. I really want one though! Love them!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Amanda- Thanks! It's great to hear everyone likes the idea.

Katie- The Shootsac is definitely worth the investment when you are able to get it!

5:42 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Awesome job on your senior trashing, Scar. Thanks for the sweet thank you card. Love ya!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ginger Murray said...

love those photos! I love the shot of her on the dirt.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home