Friday, August 17, 2007

Merry Early Christmas to me!

This week I got a bunch of new toys in the mail to ugrade my gear and equipment. A new Canon 5D camera. A wide angle non-fish 28mm 1.8. A 100mm 2.8 Macro Lens for cool upclose ring shots. And the rockstar 50mm 1.2. So today was the first chance I got to play with all my new toys, and I used my darling Rhett as my supermodel to test things out on. Here's a few shots!



The 100m 2.8 macro. If you look real close you can see my reflection in his eyes.



The 50mm 1.2. Chillin' on the park bench checkin' out the scene.



The 50mm 1.2 Rhett loves stealing tennis balls that people lose around the tennis court like this one he found today and ran off with it.



The 50mm 1.2 A happy camper.


And NOW, a special sneak preview to do with my new branding. When I moved into my condo 2 years ago, I painted my dining room wall like this. So let's just say the hint is that my new branding and website are inspired by my dining room wall. :-) More later. I can't wait to unveil everything to you guys soon! Just a few more weeks!

The wide angle 28mm 1.8

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll love the 5D and new lenses. The 50 1.2 is SWEEEEEET.

11:21 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Congrats! New gear is so fun!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

Awesome girl - I had a happy week, too: got my new 28/1.8 also and my new external hard drive. We are SUCH geeks, but I love it! :) Hugs, Stacy

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

Please feel free to get me a 5d and 50 1.2 for Christmas. I'll email you my address, I'll get you clothes for Rhett from Bark Avenue!! Fair trade I think ;)

11:52 AM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Congratulations Scarlett! Focusing @1.4 & 1.2 is not easy and you're nailing your shots. Well done!

I'm not doing as well at 1.8, can you teach me? :-0

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for the new toys :) I had to get use to the change from the x1.6 to the full frame but its worth it, tell what me what you think of the spot metering...im new to that.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Hi Scarlett,

Congrats on your new gear! So, do you find that you shoot mostly with the 50mm 1.2 so far?

Pete

9:35 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wowzers! That's awesome. Congrats on all the new equipment!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

Yeah!
How are you liking the 5D?
Have fun with all your new stuff!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

So Scarlett.....does this mean that you may be selling your 30D????

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhett always was your best model! So cute and SOOO sexy! These photos would be great for his personal ad. He is sure to get some offers from some great chics!!!

Congrats on the upgrades!

9:23 AM  
Blogger THE PARSONS said...

you don't know me, but I am an admirer of your work from afar. I celebrated my early Christmas to me on the same day with my new 5D -don't you just love the thing? most of my fun with it has been the beautiful wide angle lens 16-35mm - 2.8 definitely not as impressive as a 1.2, but still yummy. Blessings, and thanks for the inspiration you give through your work - you are truly amazing!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Wow! Thanks everyone. I see the 5D is a big hit. :-)

Stacy- Yes, we're definitely geeks. But hot geeks.

Jess- Ha, do you work at Bark Avenue or something?

Sam- Funny, I find that the 1.2 focuses more easily and quicker.

Robert- Umm, spot metering seems to be ok. I'm not an expert on that.

Pete- Yes and no, it depends on the situation. Yesterday for a family session I actually shot more with the wide angle 28 1.8. And nope, not selling, I'm keeping the 30D for backup.

Melissa- Love it! Gosh, I can't believe I waited so long! Major difference in the quality.

Ashley- Awww, thanks for the kind words. Congrats on your new geat too!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cecile said...

wow - great presents !!! Dont you just love the 5D....heavy but worth its weight in gold....Love it from my 30D ....!!!!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, I love the close up of Rhett! Too Cute! Love ya~sherie

3:09 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Cecile- YES, I totally love the 5D.

Sherie- I love my Rhett! How is Bianca?

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home