Monday, August 06, 2007

The circle of friends

This time last year, I swore I would never sign up for that silly thing called MySpace. I didn't understand everyone's fascination with it, not to mention I didn't have time to play on it. But then I kept hearing about how, like a blog, it was good for networking reasons for my company, so I gave in, swearing only for business networking purposes. Next thing I know, all these people from high school found me, and I have to admit, as much as I boycotted it, it's been great to reconnect with old friends.

One of those high school friends is Nicole. Even though we always knew who each other was, she and I never had a class together and never really hung out back then. But the past few months, we reconnected and have totally bonded over our love for photography. Nicole ended up marrying her high school sweetheart and now have two precious little kids, which of course, like any mom would, she became with obsessed with documenting her children's lives through the camera.

She now lives down in St. Augustine where I recently shot an engagement session for Debbine and Mike. So as an excuse to see her again after all these years, I invited her to lunch at my favorite restaurant, The Columbia, and to second shoot the session with me. We had so much fun going over old memories and shooting together! Nicole is just beginning her photography career, but she has an amazing eye for shots and I can't wait to see how her photography takes off more and more!

I thought it would be fun to post our senior pictures in the yearbook! While Nicole has always looked stunning as a blonde, I have no idea what I was thinking when I went bleach blonde during those years.



And here is a picture of us after the shoot enjoying some gelato after a long hot July day.



Thanks again Nicole for joining me!

Debbine and Mike's engagement pictures are coming next!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

OH SCARLETT!
I love the dark hair... you look younger actually with it ;)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked great as a blonde too! I remember Nicole!!! I'm so glad you all got together and it's exciting to hear she is in photography too! The pictures are amazing!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

Ha!! Nice blonde hair ;) I know we talked about us both having blonde hair back in high school... I'll have to drudge up some photos of me! yikes!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Scarlett,
That was so nice of you! Thank you for all your nice words. I really enjoyed hanging out too.
The photoshoot was fun. But just having lunch and talking...getting to know each other better. It is always nice to build lasting friendships.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Shyla- Ha, yeah I feel like I look like a news anchor or something with that blonde short curled under hair.

Rachel- Ick, yeah I know you saw it in person, but ick.

Amy- Ha, I would totally love to see your blonde hair sometimes. We're definitely hotter now as brunettes! Shyla above used to be a blonde too!

Nicole- +1 to what you said!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. I love the pink building!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Amy!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home