Sunday, February 11, 2007

Let's trash your dress!!

Yes, I said t-r-a-s-h your dress. I know, you can't imagine spending all that money on it, only to destroy the dress you waited your whole life to wear. That's exactly why you should trash it. You'll wear it once and then it will go sit in a closet, when instead, we could get some rockin' photos of you to preserve the dress in a way everyone will see for years to come.

This weekend, I took a road trip to the gorgeous Savannah, Ga. with some of my photographer friends to do nothing but trash dresses. I have been hearing more and more about this new concept in wedding photography, and I had been dying to experiment with this kind of photo shoot before I offered it to my brides. We had three amazing models, Dacy, Ali, and Jenny, who weren't shy to get down and dirty! Thanks girls for being such troopers and braving the mud and cold! You rocked the photos!

And now I'm excited to present the results. Below you'll find 37 hot reasons why we MUST trash YOUR dress next!

p.s. Of course, I mean, after the wedding. :-)
p.p.s. Keep scrolling. The more you scroll down, the trashier it gets.
p.p.s. If you still need more convincing, check out trashthedress.com











































































And a fun one of me getting dirty in the sand. Thanks Crystal for the shot!



... And getting muddy in the swamp with Jill Higgins.


... And it wouldn't be complete without all of us chimping!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wish someone had suggested this after my wedding! No daughter, so no one who will want to wear it later. :D Love your shots, btw. You really captured the fun personalities of the brides. :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Hey Girl, To have been soooo cold...these are HOT!!! They all turned out so good, as I knew they would. Anyway, I had so much fun this weekend. It was a whirlwind trip, but so worth it.

-BRIDES if you are reading Scarlett's blog and haven't decided on a photographer yet, let me just say this...Scarlett's PHOTOGRAPHY ROCKS! You should totally "Trash the Dress" with her!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, there is some really cool stuff in here (love the shots at the top -- such nice colors) and also some downright FREAKY stuff in here! I think my fave is the one of the bride halfway in the water, or maybe that strange one where by the fallen tree or maybe that x-proc one that looks so dreary. You do such intersting work!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Denise- Do you still have your dress? It's never too late!

Crystal- I know, we definitely survived the cold. Our models were amazing to brave it all! Thanks too for the plug!!

Jules- Thanks Jule! I appreciate the detailed feedback. Yeah, some of them were freaky, but it was fun to do something so out of the box.

9:17 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

How fun! We are glad you all had a great time and that the pictures turned out so well. We are glad we stayed in ATL, a lot of big things would have been missed if we had left....more to come on all that later. :)

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any day after the wedding day is a day to wear the dress again for some good photos - even if it's years later! As always, Scarlett - amazing photos. I have no doubt the fashion magazines will be contacting you soon with requests for these pictures! The other photographers did amazing as well. BRAVO!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jen E. said...

GAHHH!! I LOVE that idea!!!!!!!!! I so want to trash my dress..it just sits in my closet and it is so pretty..would look so good in this kind of a photoshoot!

Jen :)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them!!
It was fun hanging out this weekend - can't wait to do it again soon!

Brooke

7:54 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

So, you know I adore these... can't wait to hang out again! :)

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome work Scarlett!! I love them all! Savannah is such a cool place. My husband and I lived there and were married there 12 years ago!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

Wow girl you've been busy! Awesome work and you make it look so fun. God bless.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Allison Rocker said...

These are so AWESOME Scarlett!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, HELLO these are amazing! What the crap. I am so jealous! Good for you! Makes me want to bust out the ol' wedding dress and hire you to do a trash the dress shoot for me!

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home