Saturday, March 31, 2007

Making Faces

I love make up. And I love giving make overs. Faces are such a cool canvas for another creative outlet for me.

Today my friend Corinna, whose wedding I'm shooting in Vegas in May, came over for a girl's play day. Cory rarely wears make up, so she wanted me to do a make over on her to get some ideas for how she wants her make up done on her wedding day.

"I want to look like a woman on my wedding day, not a 12 year old like I always look like. We're gonna be in Vegas for goodness sake, I need diva glam! Give me smokey eyes!"

She also has been amazed at how I achieve my "pouf" on my head that I wear sometimes (as seen in this pic of me that she calls my "Angelina Jolie with a pouf" picture from my MySpace page. Not that I think I look anything like AJ, but wow, that made my year to be compared to her.) So Cory wanted me to show her how to "pouf" her up too.

Here are the before and after results.


Before.



After.



Cory's "supermodel magazine ad" pic that she loved. She has a such a beautiful smile and laugh that it was hard for her to do the "seductive" face. I kept telling her, "Think, America's Next Top Model. As Tyra Banks would say, be FIERCE!" Yes, I'm a little addicted to that show. :-)



The magic tools and one of my favorite books we were looking through for inspiration, Making Faces by famous make up artist Kevyn Aucoin, may he rest in peace.



Cory kept running to the mirror to check out her "pouf." She couldn't believe how tall it was and that it actually stayed that way. I kept telling her, it's really not as hard as it looks. A little teasing and a little Hard Head hair spray and oila.



Some close ups of the eyes. "I don't think I've worn mascara since college," Cory said amazing me. Despite not wearing mascara much, I convinced her to wear fake eyelashes for her wedding day. These are her real ones though today.





And some fun shots on my furry pink rug.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scar, I had an awesome time today!! Love the diva smokey eyes and the "pouf" hair!! You really know how to turn "ordinary" into something wonderful and amazing--from your videos, your photos & of course, makeup! WOW! Makeup does a lot of wonder ;-)

To anyone reading this blog...need a makeup artist and a photographer?? Call Scarlett! ;-D

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corinna's makeup looked so great tonight...she looked amazing. And I loved her hair. I told her you will have to help me with my poof when were in Vegas :)
Lori

1:48 AM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

you two are absolutely gorgeous!
Scar, you are soooo talented too!!! You keep amazing me with your skills. What's next?

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jen E. said...

super fab!! You are so talented in many aspects!
Oh and you totally rock the Angelina Jolie look, I think you look JUST like her in that pic !!

9:02 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

how fun! looks like y'all had a great day. :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

So glad you liked the makeover Cory! Thanks for the plug too!

Lori- I'll definitely help you pouf in Vegas!

Jessica- Ha! Who knows!

Jen- WOW, thank you. I wish!

Katie- Thanks!

3:44 AM  
Blogger rowena said...

She looks beautiful w/o make-up but now stunning! Good job!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home