Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Thank you notes

When I was a little girl, one of the many things I dreamed of being when I grew up was a singer. I never made it to getting my own CD, but I did finally make it into the liner notes of someone else's, the fabulous Alli Rogers. For part of her CD packaging they used one of my very own pictures that I shot of Alli in October when she was in town for a concert! I was thrilled to be asked to submit my picture after her manager, Kirk, saw the pics I took of her on my blog.

Alli has the voice of an angel and through her gift of music, she is really able to take you into a deeper more initimate level of worship with God. I encourage everyone to check her out!


My picture is the one in the design on right flap.


They actually made a typo and forgot the "-" in my website address, but oh well, people can still Google me.


Also, with my graphic design background, I have to say I was impressed with the design of the CD. If you need a great designer, check out Foda Studio.

Reading through Alli's thank you notes, it really inspired me to want to take the time to say my own list of thank you's to those who have helped me become who I am today.

First and foremost, my God and my Jesus, for the gifts You have given me as an instrument You work through, the grace You have shown me as I continue to learn about life each day, and the blessing of having a passion for what I do. I work for Your glory!

Mom and dad- You go beyond my parents, you are both also my best friends. Thank you for always allowing me the opportunities to follow the dreams in my heart, and for the guidance to turn those dreams into a beautiful reality.

Rachel and Becky- Since a young age, you have always been my #1 cheerleaders. Thank you for all the smiles and words of encouragement along our journeys.

Franca, Barb, Sherie & Katie Stott- I cherish the girly times we get to spend together when our schedules allow for our paths to cross. Thank you for all your support!

Tim Co.- I would have no idea what I was doing with my camera if it wasn't for you. Your lessons from "University of Tim Co." have been more valuable than you know. Thank you for answering all my dumb questions, and more importantly, thank you for your "Captivating Co." friendship.

Joshua Smith- Thank you for all the time you took to answer my dumb video questions back in the day. Though I'm phasing out of video, your work continues to inspire me! You are truly an artist who sets precedents through your work.

David Jay and the OSP community- DJ, thank you for creating a place where fellow artists can come together to help one another. OSP, you are a wealth of knowledge that I have soaked up like a sponge. It can be nerve wracking posting my work up amongst so many talented photographers, but thank you for all your compliments you have all given me along the way. And I have enjoyed shooting alongside you during the times we have been together.

Chris and Katie Torres, Jill Higgins, Jason Groupp and MaryBeth Tyson- Thank you all for allowing me the times to shoot with you as I grew in my craft! I enjoyed sharing tips and tricks and getting to know each of you better through our passion for photography!

My brides and grooms- I can't think of a greater honor than being the one chosen to document your day. I hope you will cherish your videos and photos as much as I cherished working with each of you, and working with more of you in the future!

The friends and other photographers who read my blog- For so long I avoided blogs because I didn't feel like I had anything to say that people would want to read. Fast forward 8 months and hundreds of readers a day, I continue to be amazed at how people find my blog and care enough to leave personal encouraging comments. I have truly enjoyed forming new friendships with each of you and I look forward to continuing our conversation in many blog entries ahead!

Lastly, I have a lot of friends, mentors and people praying for me who I know aren't blog readers, but should you ever see this, I thank you so so much for all your guidance and prayers over the year. You are angels here on earth who give me wings to soar!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Scarlett - you are so talented. I am blessed to know you, and I am thankful for knowing you. Thank you for always sharing with me too!
:)

8:44 PM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

Aww that's nice Scarlett (blushing) - thanks! I am so glad we met and had the opportunity to get to know each other on that cruise ship! I look forward to working together again and as always, just hanging out!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Congrats on your blessings!!

xoxo...

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Scarlett - I appreciate the recognition. I truly believe in your work doing God's will for your life and others. I have always looked to you as a sister and as a friend. I too want to thank you for being my cheerleader, believing in me and always being there for me with words of wisdom and a Christian heart.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awwwwww.. Thanks guys!! As Jason said, I'm blushing now too. You all rock!

2:57 PM  
Blogger serena grace said...

That's so cool Scarlett! Congrats!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Congrats on the CD cover! You're awesome!

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful work. I enjoyed your e-session shots too. Very nice...

9:08 AM  
Blogger Shot by Candy said...

Scarlett, You are an amazing Photographer!!! Congratulations on your success!!
Candy

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home