Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Rhett!!

I still remember the day I brought home my baby boy from the pet store.

I had originally wanted a cute girl chihauhau that I could dress up in frilly pink outfits and carry in my purse like Legally Blonde. I had finally found the cutest one and brought my mom back to the pet store to let the puppy dog eyes melt her heart too. Then we get the pet store and I discover my new chihauhau I had picked out and was ready to get was GONE. I was so bummed, but my mom encouraged me to walk around the puppy palace a little more to see if there was something else I wanted.

"What about this one? He's kind of cute and fluffy," my mom said.

"Yeah, he's cute, but he's a POODLE Mom. That's so cliche. A prissy girl like me with a poodle, I don't think so." Yeah I know, as if carrying a chihauhau in my purse wasn't cliche.

But then Rhett got on his hind legs and put his paws on the cage and layed those puppy eyes on me that quickly melted my heart.

"Well, I guess you ARE kind of cute," I told him as I reached down to pet him. "Ok, I'll take you out to play with you, but I'm not buying you because I want a girl dog."

I picked him up and he melted like butter in my arms. As I played with him, 5 minutes turned to 10 turned to 15 and my heart got more and more attached. He had the funniest personality and every time I would try to put him down, he would jump back up to try get back in my arms. I had fallen hard, but I was determined to get a girl, so I asked my mom to go get the black girl poodle who was in the cage with him. As soon as my mom brought over the female and put her in the play pin, Rhett let out a baby "Grrrrrrr" as if he was saying "Stay away, this is MY mommy." And that's when I knew, I was going home that day with not only a boy dog, but a poodle. Funny how the last thing I imagined could make me happy ended up being the very thing in life that brought me the most joy these past 3 years.

Today is Rhett's 3rd birthday, and to celebrate, yesterday his Aunt Rachel brought him gifts and took him to the park to play. Rachel is one my best friends and has adopted him over the years as her little nephew. She will be getting a Sheltie later this year and Rhett is looking forward to having a playmate. For Rhett's birthday we originally were going to take him to the dog park, but found out last minute that he wasn't allowed since he isn't fixed (I hope to breed him one day. If anyone reading this needs a male poodle for stud services, let me know!). So instead we took him to a regular park to play fetch, and he ended up being a rockstar on the playground with the kids and made so many new friends throwing the frisbee for him.

My little boy is growing up so fast! Sniff sniff. Here are some pictures of him growing up and his slideshow from yesterday opening gifts and at the park.


Though he wasn't a chihauhau like I had hoped to get, he did become a purse dog for a while until he got too big. And yes, the t-shirt was true at the time. ;-)



Rhett with his Grandpa in their favorite chair.



Rhett helping me celebrate his Grandma's birthday at her Darling Diva Society party.



Rhett's first trip to the beach.



Rhett's first birthday.



Dressed up as Tigger for Halloween with his toy, Tigee.


Rhett already playing with one of his birthday gifts from Aunt Rachie.



Smiling at the park with his Aunt Rachie.



Rhett giving his mommy a kiss.

>>>CHECK OUT THE SLIDESHOW OF HIS BIRTHDAY HERE

Enjoy!

15 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Rhett!

Asia's birthday is on Firday! She turns three too. My how our kids are growing. ;)

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lovely photos...thanks for posting them..really enjoyed going through your blog...and hey for some more amazing ideas and resources for birthdays also visit my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

I'm so laughing right now! I love it! :)

Happy Birthday Rhett!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rhett! I had so muchh fun with you yesterday. And really...it's your 21st birthday today! I'll bet your mommy is so proud of you! Hope you get some rest today :)

Love,
Aunt Rachie

9:53 AM  
Blogger Darice Michelle said...

How cute! Now that I have a puppy I can see how easily it is to become so attached to your little companion. We just brought our German shepherd puppy home two days ago. You inspire me to keep up with our photos for when Titan visits the beach for his first time.

Happy Birthday Rhett.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rhett says a big THANK YOU for all the well wishes!

Katie- Happy early birthday to Asia!!! That's so cute that Rhett is only a few days older than her!

Amy- Thanks! Rhett says he looks forward to meeting you in a few weeks. :-)

Rachie- Thanks for EVERYTHING you did yesterday!

Darice- Congrats on getting Titan!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jensey! said...

Happy birthday to Rhett! I used to know a sheltie named Rhett. :) We just found out we have to put the family dog down this week, and I've been a wreck over it, but your post made me smile! :)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute! i love it.

Happy Birthday Rhett!!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww, I'm so sorry Jensey to hear about your family dog. I know how hard that is. I'm glad Rhett could somehow bring you a laugh today.

Thanks Alli and Miko!

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rhett!! Sounds like you have a fun day!! ~sherie

11:10 AM  
Blogger Hamza matar said...

lovely page

4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way your images look, Is there an action you use are is it the way you shoot them?
I am from Jax FL. I was bron in FL but I live in Myrtle Beach SC now.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ricki- That's awesome you are from Jax. I use a combo of actions. The latest one I use a lot is a combo of curves, levels and color balance. Otherwise I love ittybittyactions.com or www.kubotaworkshops.com.

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the cutest puppy birthday blog entry EVER! PERIOD.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute and lovely photos!The pup is really too cute!!!Wishing Rhett a little belated Happy Birthday!The photo where he's dressed as 'Tiger' is amazing!Enjoy!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home