Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Brides Against Breast Cancer


Every 2.5 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.

Three years ago, my mom was one of those women. Seven years ago, my mom's mom was one of those women. By the grace of God, they are now beautiful survivors and my heros.

It's scary to think that odds are, with my family history, it is likely I might get it too one day. Needless to say, breast cancer and organizations involved with it, I hold close to my heart.

The other day, my mom picked up for me a new publication in town, The Little Black Book for Every Busy Woman. It's such a cute idea as a resource of word of mouth events and vendors for everything a busy woman in Jacksonville needs to know. They also have a bridal section for every busy bride.

What caught my eye though was their write up about a nationwide organization called Making Memories who promotes Brides Against Breast Cancer. The cool thing is, through their organization, you can donate your wedding gown, and it is used to resale to raise money for ways Making Memories can grant wishes and make dreams come true for terminal patients. This really touched my heart at what a beautiful gift and opportunity to offer a dress that brought you so much joy, and now be able to use it to help to someone else in need.

For brides reading this, I just want to encourage you to think about donating your dress to this wonderful organization. For information on how to donate your dress, click here.

And as a special gift to you, for those of you that do decide to donate your dress, I will offer you a free Bridal Glam session to preserve the beauty of your dress in pictures before you pass it along. Email me at scarlett@captivating-studios.com for more info on this $300 value gift!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

OMG!! I actually got my wedding dress via Making Memories. I bought a couture wedding gown for a super discount and the best part was that my mother--a cancer survivor--was there with me. It was an investment that keeps on giving. The organization is absolutely amazing!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

oh Scarlett that's awesome!! that's so wonderful that you're getting involved in this great organization and donating your incredible talent. what a blessing you are!!

M:)

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful organization and fabulous gift! Bravo, Scarlett!!!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great way to support breast cancer research/organizations! good for you :-) if i were in jacksonville, i'd seriously be considering handing over my gown. w

3:14 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jasmine- Wow! Too funny! I didn't know that. Small world!

Mary Bess- It is a great organization! It's my pleasure to help them.

Rachel- Thanks girl!

Rebekah- Thanks! Please know though that this is a nationwide organization and anyone can donate their gown, not just brides in Jacksonville. I hope you'll still consider it!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home