Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Happy Retirement Daddy!

Well, it's official. My dad has passed along the workaholic throne onto his princess. A few weeks ago he officially retired, or, ahem, is "redirecting" as he states. So in order to celebrate his "redirecting," we took a quick family vacation this past weekend down to Miami Beach, Florida where he could eat at one of his favorite restaurants, Joe's Stone Crabs. (If you haven't realized by now, most of our family vacation spots revolve around food and the restaurants we go there for. ha! )

Though I'm in the heat of wedding season, I enjoyed this much needed vacation with my best friends. I said I was going to take a break from work and not take pictures, but I couldn't resist not capturing such a gorgeous place and the fun things we were doing. Friday night we had dinner at the famous chef Emeril's restaurant, then got my dad up for a few dances in the hotel lounge. On Saturday, Mom and I indulged in massages at the spa and then hit the beach. It was fun to lay out on South Beach watching my parents play and flirt in the water like they were just dating for the first time. Later it was off to dinner at Joe's and exploring some South Beach hot spots.

Check out this fun slideshow of us around the gorgeous Loew's Hotel and hitting the South Beach night life.

>>>CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW



I'm so proud of my dad and all he has accomplished in life! He has been a great example of hard work paying off. He's also where I get my entrepreneur blood from, and he has been a great coach and business mentor.



The view from our window. We were down there on the white sand later that day, but I don't have pictures of it because I didn't want my camera to get sandy. :-)



Momma checking out daddy's crabs. ha ha

6 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

"redirecting" - lol - that's awesome!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Thrasher Photography said...

awww, so fun. great photos. I need to do more documentary stuff of my family. These kind off photos will be cherished some day. well done

12:21 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

We must have been in Miami at the same time! Sorry we missed each other!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lea Dales Photography said...

Congratulations! Great photos and looks like a fun time was had by everyone..

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Tell him I said Happy Retirement!!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

DJ- Yeah, ha, he said give him 6 months and he'll be going stir crazy ready to launch some other new biz.

JT- Thanks! Yeah, it's exciting to document the family stuff too. Now if I could only get around to printing some of the stuff.

KT- I can't believe we were there at the same time and didn't know it!

Lea- Thanks girl!

Rachel- :-)

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home