Friday, May 11, 2007

Partnering up with friends in Chicago

Whew. I am glad to be home... for the time being. I have never had so many problems with delays and mechanical issues with planes than my trip to and from Chicago this past week. But despite the travel frustrations, my time at Pictage's Partnercon in Chicago was well worth the trip. Partnercon was a great get together of meeting a lot of my favorite photographer inspirations, seeing old friends, making new friends, checking out awesome product vendors and soaking in a ton of knowledge learning from top photographers in the wedding industry. I didn't realize until last minute that even the photographer, Robert Evans, who shot Tom and Katie's wedding, was a few rows in front of me at the closing session. Yes, as in THE TomCat's wedding in Italy.

Below are some fun pics with my fabulous photographer friends! Enjoy! And be sure to check out their awesome websites below!



Shlya Photography
Katie Thermes of Jenna Walker Photography
Diana Nash
Jefferson Todd
Jonathan Thrasher
Jim Christianson
Carlos Baez
Charles Bordner of Imagine That
Tim Co.
Fred Egan
Carole Foret
Claire Kayser

And here's a fun one Carole Foret snapped of me getting some tips from Fred Egan.



Also before I left for the airport, I was able to squeeze in a quick visit with my best friend from high school, Chrissy, who now lives in Chicago. I originally was supposed to shoot her engagement session with her new fiance Eric, but due to plane delays and not getting until a day late, they have rescheduled to come instead to Florida to get some pictures done on the beach here in her hometown.

14 Comments:

Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

Scarlett-it was SO GOOD to meet you and hang with you in Chicago! I hope you can use some of the stuff we talked about to start rockin' those seniors in your area :)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

I'm so jealous to see all of the photos from Chicago! I would love to know what great things you and Fred talked about for seniors.
:)
p.s. You look gorgeous Miss Photogenic.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jen E. said...

I agree with the above poster, you looked gorgeous, as always!!
Looks like a lot of learning and fun was had! I sooo need to get to a workshop of some sort soon. I'm so jealous!

8:25 AM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Hey Girl,

It's been a while since I have had any time to catch up on my blog surfing. I'm so glad you got to go to the conference in chi-town. Looks like you all had a blast,and I am sure you learned a lot from each other as well.

10:05 AM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

How funny is TimCo in the back of those pics!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was TOO fun meeting you, rooming with you, wining-dining-and-gabbing with you Miss Scarlett!
Your energy is so refreshing : )

Keep rockin' it with all your big changes ahead! (that and pink, keep up the pink...hehe). Hope to see you again soon!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Beth Tyson Photography said...

Looks like fun. I was in the middle of moving... aren't you jealous!?!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Fred- Ditto!! You are awesome! I'll keep you posted about the seniors!

Jill- We missed you! Fred had some great ideas for how to market to the seniors. He used to work at Abercrombie and Fitch so he's super in tuned with what seniors love and appeal to. Don't hesitate to email him to get the scoop. p.s. Thanks for the compliment!

Jen- Thanks girl! I don't know how, I was so exhausted. But yeah, definitely attend a workshop or get together if you can. It's awesome to meet others in the industry and learn and share knowledge.

Crystal- Thanks! Hopefully you can join a get together in the near future too.

DJ- Yeah, Timco. Gotta love him!

Katie- Roomie, I miss you! It so fabulous meeting and hanging with you! I hope to see you again soon!
p.s. I'll definitely be keeping the pink. :-)

Mary Beth- Aww, I hope your move went well. We missed ya there!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I think I may have to plan a trip to Chicago myself! Can't wait to hear all the details! Love!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Amy DeYoung said...

Oh! Looks like such a blast! I really wish I could have gone. I won't miss the next one :)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scar-
Nice one of you and Chrissy!! love it! When is she coming to FLA? I hope I'm home to see you both!!
Michele

6:23 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

You are the rockstar my dear! :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Claire Kayser said...

Hey Scarlett! Nice post and awesome pics! I wish we could've been there Tuesday night for dinner with that crew. Looks like a blast. Love those fish-eye shots.

Rock on, Sista!
Claire

10:26 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I totally wish I could have been in two places at once!!! It looks like you had a blast!!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home