Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Real Easter eggs

In the spirit of Easter this past Sunday, yesterday I ran across some REAL Easter eggs. On my walk around the lake with Rhett, I discovered this Momma Duck and her beautiful nest. On today's walk, I couldn't help but bring my camera to document the beauty of life being created as the Momma Duck tenderly sits day and night protecting her delicate eggs waiting for their arrival into the world around the lake. It's such an incredible analogy to me of the beginning of a new life with Christ, here just days after we celebrate His resurrection, and how He is always tenderly and patiently protecting us waiting for us to come out of our shell and be reborn in His love.

On a comical note. I happened to notice yesterday that Momma Duck had two bodyguards near by looking out for her. Then today, they were still around her. I'm almost beginning to think it's an Anna Nicole case where the two male ducks are waiting for the eggs to hatch to reveal who the real father is. :-)


Momma Duck and her babies



Larry Birkhead and Howard K. Stern



I personally think this one is the babies' daddy.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just two funny!!! I'm waiting for ducks to appear at my condo as well. Let me know when they hatch, I want to come and see them. I expect to see pics of the babies too! I heard yesterday that Anna Nicole's half sister *who she hadn't talked to in years* wrote a book and was on Dr. Phil. Turns out everything she wrote in there she wrote as fact, but it had actually come from the tabloids. I guess we'll never know! Cute momma duck! Can't wait to find out who the daddy is!

9:32 AM  
Blogger nicole green said...

those are some crazy looking ducks! not in a bad way or anything. :) i've just never seen a duck that looks like that!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, that's funny Nicole. Yeah, that's what most of them look like down here in Florida. I think they are "Muscovy" ducks. I only know that because I did a science project on them in 7th grade.

Rachel- Too funny about Anna's half sister.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Amy DeYoung said...

You have those ODD ducks too??! We have three that live in our neighborhood in about a 4 yard radius... Hewey, Louey, and Dooey. One day my dog chased one all the way into the pond out back and we found our dog trying to get out of the pond and no duck. For about a week after that we only saw Hewey and Louey. Not to worry, Dooey recovered and lives! Miss you :)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard today, not sure if it's true, that Larry is the father of Anna Nicole's baby. Interesting..which duck is larry?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Amy- LOLOL. So cute about your dog and Hewey, Louey, and Dooey.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! Too bad those baby ducks are going to turn into such ugly adults. Have you ever seen a cute duck in Florida. I haven't.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home