Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Congratulations Susan and Matt!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

This was the verse that Susan's dad started his toast with at the wedding reception celebrating the union of his daughter to her new husband, Matt. He began to tell the story of how when he and his wife got married, they moved from their hometown to Champagne, Illinois to Vero Beach, Florida, and how ironic it was that his daughter ended up moving back to Champagne for college where she eventually would meet her husband. He went on to tell of all the different plans that fell into place throughout the years, such as the guy who followed his vision to start Young Life on their college campus 10 years ago, and how it was through this organization that Susan and Matt would meet one day.

As Susan's dad was talking about the plans the Lord carries out in His perfect timing, I was reflecting too about how ironic it was for me to be shooting Susan's wedding. Two-years before, her sister and my best friend, Katie, got married and her wedding was the first one I was a bridesmaid in. With my little point and shoot camera, I remember taking a cool black and white picture of her wedding dress hanging ready to be worn that day, and something about that picture sparked this interest in me about the beauty of documenting weddings. And now here I was, two years later, an actual wedding photographer documenting Susan's beautiful wedding.

In a lot of ways, it felt like my own little sister getting married, and it was such an honor to not only be her photographer, but to be so close with her and family members involved as we celebrated the beautiful Christ-filled love she and Matt share.


Here are a few of my favorites below! And here's the slideshow of their day with many more pics to see!
>>>CLICK HERE




This was a penny and hankerchief that both Matt and Susan's great grandmothers passed through the generations to brides in the family.



Susan holding her parent's wedding picture.



















The groomsman requested to recreate the famous Beatle's Abbey Road pic.









This is the picture that made me cry! Susan and Matt had just lit their unity candle and then so lovingly prayed together.





Susan and Matt were chauffeured all day by Michael and his Rolls Royce! If you need a unique limo service in the Florida area, be sure to contact Michael! I've worked with him on several weddings and he's the best!



















The groomsman surprised Susan with a special Blues Brother song dedication!



One guest getting down and having fun!





Katie and I dancing together at the end of the night.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics are nuts! Great job!!!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work, as always... thanks for showing that it's possible to get great images without praying for shade. :)

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of your best work! Awesome job!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Olek- I'll take "nuts" as a compliment. :-)

Ryan- Ha, yeah, God really shined upon us that day because the light was perfect! We could have used more shade though considering how blistering hot it was. I wish we had video of how funny it was with Susan patting down sweat with a towel and her travel fan in between shots. She was a trooper!

Rachel- Thanks girl!

11:42 AM  
Blogger robert madrid said...

:) sweet images.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Robert!

10:29 PM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

WOWOWOWOWOW! Those are great Scarlett - so lively and fun! LOVE that "football shot!"

3:55 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Jason! That means a lot coming from you!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett-
I met Susan while doing Summer Staff at a Young Life camp in 2005, and you did an amazing, fabulous job on her wedding pictures!!! In fact, I just spent the last 2 hours (maybe more) looking at your photography & entries.
I am sure you hear this all the time, but you do great work. I love that you have this blog to showcase your photos, the stories behind some of them, and also your faith!!
Although I'm not a photographer myself, I am obsessed with pictures- so thank you for sharing your gift!!
Brittany (Kalamazoo, MI)

1:20 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Brittany- Wow, thanks for the amazing compliments! I'm so glad you found an interest in my blog. Susan is awesome! Keep in touch!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home