Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cory & Bobby: Viva Las Vegas!

Twelve years ago, during my freshman year of high school, I remember waiting outside my high school for my mom to come pick me up when up came bouncing over with a big smile, a tiny little Phillipino girl who so enthusiastically introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Corinna!" With the comfort of her smile, I knew from then on we would be friends.

Fast forward, sophomore year, Corinna leaves my high school to attend another high school. Through high school and college, the extent of our communication was through random emails. It wasn't until last year, we finally said, um, we still live in the same city, let's get together! And all these years later after not seeing her since my freshman year of high school, we still picked up as if no time had ever been lost between us. Corinna still had her perky gorgeous smile, and this time when we met, she had a perky gorgeous engagement ring on! During our lunch, she told me all the juicy details about her fun wedding to Bobby she was planning in Vegas, with an Elvis impersonator and all, and then asked me to shoot their fabulous wedding.

Below are a handful of my favorite photos from their day. Pics from their post-wedding luau are still to come soon!

Here's the slideshow of their day!
>>>CLICK HERE

*SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*
I'm also excited to announce that Corinna will be trashing her dress next week for a special upcoming publication about me getting "trashy" with my brides!! Stay tuned for more details on the hot article in the works!!
















Notice the shoes in Corinna's mom's hands. Cory was a "run-to bride" as she literally ran through the Bellagio trying to make it to her ceremony on time in the chapel half a mile away.









After they were announced "husband and wife," Cory let out a big "YES!"

















Elvis serenades Cory and Bobby for their first dance.











My favorite picture of the night with Elvis!














Here's a picture of me and the girls from bridesmaid, Lori, whose wedding I will also be shooting in 2009!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I AM IN AWE WITH THESE PICTURES!! THANK YOU, MAHALO!! I'm truly grateful that we rekindled our friendship, and I'm sooo glad that you could make it to Vegas and be a part of our special day in an extraordinary way.

I love that picture of Bobby and I outside by the fountains :-D You rock, and I can't wait to trash the dress! ...Um nothing will bite me in the river, right?! LOL!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

I must say I think the Elvis shot is awesome! :) Cool cake shot too!

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, Scarlett, this is some of your best work (that I've seen these past couple months).

Way to work the fisheye. Now I REALLY need to get one of those.

Put it all on red! Ciao~

1:26 AM  
Blogger Kylene said...

These are gorgeous! Did they make you go see Celine like you said? :) Makes me wanna go get hitched in Vegas..with all the frills though! hehe Kylene

8:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

Amazing photos Scarlett!
I can't pic a favorite because I love them all :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger rowena said...

You totally rocked this Scarlett! I too can't pick a fave, love them all! The groom wore a barong (i think that's what it's called), KEWL!

10:15 AM  
Blogger J said...

Great images...must be a fun time shooting a wedding in Vegas. So many cool places to take images!

10:44 AM  
Blogger nicole green said...

how fun!! i can't wait to see the ones you do of her trashing that dress. :) i looove your photos!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!!! Congrats to Corrina and Robert - What happened in Vegas has now been shared by the world, and it was beautiful! Awesome work as always, Scarlett!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can't check your blog site at work...but I just want you to know that a lot of my coworkers really enjoyed the slideshow! :-D

Thanks, Scar! :-D

8:18 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

So glad you love the pics Mrs. Hoffman! Ha, I still have to get used to calling you that! :-) And so glad your coworkers loved them too!

Amy- Thanks! That's one of my faves too!

Chris- Wow, thanks. Yeah I love the fisheye!

Kylene- No unfortunately I didn't make it to Celine because dreaded airline delays.

Melissa & Rowena- So glad you like them!

J- I know! I wish we had had more time to explore the strip!

Nicole- Yeah, definitely stay tuned for the trash shots!

Rachel- Thanks!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

awesome stuff!! girl you are AMAZING! LOVE that "YESS!" picture!!

M:)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Mary Bess!

10:36 AM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Wow, your images really make you feel like you are there! Clearly, this was a really FUN wedding and it shows. Excellent work!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Sam- Thanks! I'm glad you could feel as if you were really there. That's great feedback to me knowing I accomplished that goal of helping people to relive their day. :-)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home