Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day in Jekyll Island

In September, I will be shooting a beautiful wedding for Tara and Robbie at the historic Jekyll Club in Jekyll Island, Ga. When I met with Tara and Robbie about their wedding, I knew walking around the grounds that it was a place I wanted to bring to bring my parents back to. Started in the 1800s, the hotel is full of prestigious Southern history that I knew my Southern history buff dad would truly love.

So for Father's Day, my parents and I took a day trip to the hotel and I treated my dad to dinner at the Grand Dining Room on the grounds. Before dinner while we were there, my mom requested a quick portrait session of her and my dad amongst the beautiful landscapes and sweet smelling flowers, which are below.


For Father's Day, my mom got my dad a new fishing pole and gear for him to get back into his love of fishing now that he has retired. And mom couldn't resist getting a pink fishing pole so she can join him. I also might steal the pink rod sometime because one of my favorite memories growing up was fishing with my dad.

Also in the background, I can never settle on one card when it comes to buying cards, so I bought my dad about 10 cards.



Showing off his new fishing rod.



Let the romance begin!






My mom, the supermodel.


Ok, so we this fountain and my mom yells "Ooooh, Scarlett turn around, get a shot of me trashing my dress!" I was like "Heck yeah, get in there!" And she was like "Heck yeah, here I go!" And she takes off her shoes, and puts her in toes and chickens out! I was like, "Come on, mom! Just do it!" But she got too nervous, so we compromised and she posed next to the fountain instead.

Of course my dad was in the background rolling his eyes, knowing this is business as usual. Wherever we have gone over the years, his girls never cease to amaze him always looking for the perfect photo ops.



My "cool old dude."



Daddy's little girl.



My mom has this painting on her wall, and she wanted to try to recreate the the picture.



More romance.








The three of us! Even though we were celebrating Father's Day, I'm so thankful for both of my parents love. It rocks having them as my best friends too!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I love it! That is awesome. I want a family photo session!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Carla Jean said...

Your parents are so precious. Please tell them I said hello!

Also, random - last night I had a dream that I ran into SIX people from HS here in Birmingham. I can't remember who all was there, but it was pretty bizarre.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

What cute pics!
You got some great pics of your parents!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If God has showed me all the little girls in the world before you were born and asked me to choose - I STILL would have chosen you!"

We are so blessed as parents to watch our precious angel bloom and grow into a beautiful, saavy, extraordinary, and successful daughter! It's a pleasure to watch you use your God-given talents to touch the hearts of so many people in beautiful ways.

We are also blessed to have a daughter we can call a friend - who loves to spend time with us as we continue to explore the joys of life and the thrills of new adventures.

Thank you for honoring Dad in such a special way on Father's Day, by taking him back in time to his Southern heritage in all its glorious splendor. It was a journey of the heart for him and a place that resonates with his soul. You made a memory we will all treasure for a long time.

Everyone should see Jekyll Island once in a lifetime. It quenches the soul to stroll under the massive live oak trees, along the meandering paths, past lush gardens, feeling the marsh breezes on your face, seeing the breath-taking architecture of the "cottages" , the quaint chapel of love, the verandas with beckoning rocking chairs, and feeling the ghosts of hearts who enjoyed the lazy summers spent there in the past.

True Southern hospitality is alive and well at Jekyll Island! Thank you for sharing the moment!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

What an awesome weekend you must have had! Loved reading "Moms" comments!!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- ha! Yeah we should do a family shoot sometime.

Carla- I'll definitely tell them hello! Too funny about your dream b/c I was in fact talking about you the other day with some high school people... I'll email you details.

Melissa- Thanks girl!

Mom- Make me cry! Love you!

Mike- Thanks!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Studio Foto said...

The b&w shot of your parents is precious...reminds me that I am long over due to photograph my parents. Your parents look like amazing people-and so in love!! They are going to cherish these images forever!

As a side note- maybe we will meet at WPPI next year. I absolutely adore your work- so fresh and vibrant!! We are good friends with Justin & Mary, so we'll probably end up coming to WPPI with them, and we could all hang out together! Krystal & Paul : )

12:41 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Krystal and Paul- I would LOVE to meet you guys! I do hope to make it to WPPI next year. Let's touch base the closer it gets so we make sure our paths cross! Thanks for your awesome words about the pics too!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home