Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary to my blog!

On Sunday, I will celebrate the one-year anniversary of having my blog. I will be in Vero Beach shooting a destination wedding for Susan and Matt, so I wanted to go ahead and share this exciting news about my blog!

For so long, I boycotted having a blog. I couldn't possibly fathom why anyone would want to put their personal thoughts out in cyberspace. The thought of that was so vulnerable to me. Plus, who would really be interested in what I had to say?

Apparently, thousands of you all over the world have been interested and have embraced my words and work with wonderful and encouraging words back in your daily comments at the end of each entry. Now a year later, my blog has followed me to all the exciting places my camera has taken me. My blog has showcased some of the amazing destination weddings I've shot in Bahamas, New York, Atlanta, Charleston, Tallahassee, Orlando, and coming soon, Las Vegas, Vero Beach. My blog has showcased the other amazing places I've traveled to learn from my favorite photographer friends in places like Chattanooga and Chicago. My blog has even ended up on the blog of new friends all over the country like David Jay, Mike Colon, Justin and Mary, Tim Co., Jason Groupp, LaCour Photo, Katie and Chris Torres, Jefferson Todd, and Carlos Baez. Not to mention, my blog was featured on the coolest of websites, like TrashTheDress.com and Blu Domain's Blog.

Through the good times and not so good times, my blog has been a great outlet for me to share with you my journey. Whether you are a current, future, or past bride, friend, family, fellow photographer or wedding planner, I have enjoyed a year long conversation with all of you and I thank you for listening as I write from my heart and share with you all the exciting things going on in my world! My journey is blessed because of you and I'm glad to have you a part of my world. I look forward to all that is yet to come in the next year!

Be sure to stay tuned to my blog because a lot is going on behind the scenes right now with my photography! I have exciting news I can't wait to unveil it in early August!

To celebrate my blog's anniversary, I've posted a few of my favorite blog entries from the past year! I hope you enjoy them all over again. Even more can be found in the archives on the right hand column.

**********
1.

For those that have been with me in the long run, you've watched how I transitioned from a videographer to a photographer. In thinking back to what sparked that interest, I discovered my passion for photography by first being on the other side of the camera when I was asked to model for Orlando's Pictage User Group.

>>>>CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO!<<<<

2.

This was one of those priceless moments I felt honored to be a photographer, as I captured a day in the life of my sweet Aunt Ruby as she lives out her final moments.

>>>CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW

3.

During my videography days, I was a finalist in a music video contest for my favorite Christian rocker, Shawn McDonald. I filmed the video in St. Augustine, where we were blessed with such a God-filled day and gave back by raising money for some homeless people. It was also thrilling to then personally meet Shawn McDonald when he was here in concert.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

Hi Amy-
I just found your blog recently from OSP. I love the feel of it. Thank you for spreading your love for God and photography around.
My the Lord bless you as you continue to grow in Him and your business.
Happy Anniversary to your blog.
I am excited to see what is in store for you in August :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, I assume you meant "Hi Scarlett." :-) But thank you for your sweet words! I'm glad to you here Melissa!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett!
I am so excited to have met you. Not only are you creative and very talented, but you are such a special person. A rare gem. Ricky and I are so excited about our video. We have told everybody about the beautiful pictures that you take. Congrats on your anniversary. We love to read your blogs and see all of the new exciting things that you capture! You put your faith, heart, and soul into all that you do and it shows girl! Good luck and God Bless! You bring smiles to so many! Thank you again for all that you do!
-Ricky and Danielle Vidiri (yay)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awwww... cry, tears Danielle! Thanks so much for amazing words! It takes one to know one! Your smile is so contagious!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Happy Birthday, Blog! ;)
I love coming here and getting inspired!

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home