Thursday, June 07, 2007

A "Duck"umentary: Ducks, Pasta, & Other Musings

Growing up in Florida, I've pretty much always lived on or near a lake. And with lakes come ducks. As a little girl, I was always fascinated by the baby ducks that would come around each spring as part of the cycle of life, and I always felt it was my mission to make sure they were fed. One of my favorite memories as a little girl is coming home after school and running in the pantry to steal mom's bread and running out to the lake to feed the baby ducks. Even for kicks, in high school, I did a science fair project testing the hypothesis if ducks really preferred bread like everyone thinks, or if they prefer other food groups. From what I remember, I believe the answer was indeed bread.

Now that I'm grown up, I still hold that close to my heart. Here is a sequel video blog to my previous blog entry about the Momma Duck and her eggs. Who knew ducks liked pasta too?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

just wanted to say I have been following your blog for a couple of months now. stalking if you will. i love your work! i am trying to start my own business up and I created a website to document this crazy journey. come by and visit if you have the chance. If you have any wisdom to impart i would love to hear it.

http://blog.jaredrey.com

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good afternoon, Scarlett....

Great story with a wildlife theme. Or, can it be wildlife with a gourmet taste???

Keep up your passion for photography !!!

Love you,

G&G

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful story and very well documented. I enjoyed the music too! I know what I'm feeding my docs when I get back in town!!! PASTA!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jared- I left a comment for you last week!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

And thanks Rachel! Yeah you should try pasta for your duckies!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home