Monday, July 16, 2007

HEALing kids with Hollywood actress Jenny McCarthy

Ok, I can finally spill the secret! You've waited long enough. I couldn't reveal it at first because I was in the talks with People magazine about using the pictures, but they ended up passing on using them.

So, drum roll please....

The celebrity I shot recently was actress Jenny McCarthy. Known for her roles in Scream 3, John Tucker Must Die,and numerous TV shows, she is also known most recently in celebrity gossip for dating funny man, Jim Carrey. But something else she is becoming known for is promoting awareness for autistic kids, and has a 5-year old autistic son herself. And to help further the cause, this fall she is releasing a book about it:



She was recently in town as a special guest speaker at a charity event for HEAL- Healing Every Autistic Life, and I donated my services to help capture the event for them. There were a ton of live auctions and it was amazing be part of a night that raised over $100,000 to go towards research for autism.

I have a special place in my heart for autistic kids because, last year, I shot a wedding for a bride whose father and brother-in-law were killed in a plane accident a month before her wedding. The bride's sister was left with two little girls, one autistic and another who recently was healed from her autism. As memory keepsake of their dad, I produced a video for them mixing home footage they shot with their dad and recent footage of the three of them left behind. If you missed it in earlier blog entries, grab the tissues and check out this link for the touching music video. (In going to get the link, I hadn't seen the video in a long time, and I just cried all over again!)

It was exciting to get to meet Jenny and be her personal paparazzi for the night as I took hundreds of pictures with her and all the guests. Here are some special ones though of her interacting with some of the VIP children attending the event that night.


A little girl shy about meeting Jenny. Her mom, in the purple, is a special doctor they honored that night as well for her work with autism kids.




A little boy giving a special gift to Jenny.


The gift was an illustration he drew just for her.


Jenny smiling with another VIP member, NFL Jacksonville Jaguar football player, Tony Pashos.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw fun! That's so great. Just another step on the way to photographing celeb weddings!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

you are so lucky! You go girl!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Jen Harris said...

What a great thing to photograph! So lucky! ;)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

you really are an incredible person miss scarlett. fantastic photos and WOW to that story!

2:07 AM  
Blogger chance Photography said...

Scarlett way to go! I can't wait for the opportunity.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Justin Marantz said...

Aw, that's awesome! Way to go, spreadin' the love and givin' it back! I'm sure those kids will cherrish those photos forever!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally cool! What a great event to capture!

9:32 AM  
Blogger flangel981 said...

What a great thing to be a part of! I love Jenny McCarthy's books she wrote since having her son. She is hilarious! She looks amazing.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

How cool. Glad you got to be a part of a great cause!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool. What a good cause too. Nicole LaPointe

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

So cool - I love Jenny McCarthy!

:)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks guys! It was definitely an amazing opportunity and I feel so honored to use my camera to give back!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

THAT is AMAZING! how wonderful to be a part of something like that!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Shores!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett, I'm interested in displaying these photos over at my Jenny McCarthy site. Could you get in touch with me via my site and let me know if that's okay or not? I couldn't find an email address for you anywhere on this site. Thanks in advance.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hi Bernie! I just saw your post on your site. Thanks for linking me!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home