Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You know you've made it when...

You know you've made it when.... the little girls you used to babysit across the street stop by your parents house to see if you are home for an autograph on the article about you in the newspaper!

Ha! True story!

My mom called me yesterday saying she's going to have to start charging admission for the "Scarlett Tour" around the house. Yesterday, three of the little girls who I used to babysit across the street rang the door bell with my newspaper article in hand.

"Is Scarlett home?" they asked my dad as he answered the door.

"Um hold on." My dad closed the door and called upstairs to my mom, "Honey, Scarlett has fans at the door. Can you take care of this?"

So my mom heads downstairs to greet the girls, and since I don't live there anymore, she instead took the girls upstairs and gave them a tour of my old bedroom where I used to sleep, and huddled them around the computer showing them my website and blog. She said even one of the little girls insisted, "Does she take family portraits too? We want her to take our pictures!" (I would definitely need a wide angle lens for their family, they come from a family of 8 kids, I think that's what they are up to now.)

Anyways, I was just so humbled to hear that story and got a big laugh out of hearing about my "fans." I wish I had a picture to share of the girls, but maybe soon I'll have a family portrait to post!

In other news....


Smiling for Susan's camera at the HEAL event


To go along with the article that came out in the newspaper, I also found out yesterday that I missed another article blurb about me in Saturday's paper. I recently shot a charity event for HEAL Austim Now, and there I met columnist, Susan Brandenburg. We got on the topic of the whole trash the dress craze that she was fascinated by that she even wrote a little blurb about it in her Saturday column. Here's the link to that!

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

That is so cute! You are famous :)

Do you shoot prime lenses mainly?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You HAVE made it! That is so cool!

Now I know someone famous!!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL ok stop you guys! I'm so not. But I'm definitely very thankful for all the recent exposure and doors God has been opening!

Melissa- Yeah, actually I'm all prime right now but will hopefully get a zoom lens soon. Check out the link on the right of my blog that says "Scarlett's Tools and Equipment". It has a list of everything I use.

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Scarlett, Go Scarlett!

11:01 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

Cute story!! Love it!

Congrats on all of your success, girl! So awesome!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Crystal! It was great to hear from you! Thanks for the uplifting words. I hope our paths cross again soon!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home