Friday, July 06, 2007

7/7/7



One of my favorite photographers, Liana Lehman, pointed this out on her blog:

According to this article on Yahoo, there may be a WORLD RECORD this Saturday for the most weddings ever:

"The Knot.com, a wedding planning site, says that on any given Saturday in July (the most popular month for weddings), there are typically 12,000 weddings taking place. But on 7-7-07, that number has more than tripled - to 38,000. That could possibly make this the most popular wedding day ever."


I'm now heading out the door to Savannah to shoot a destination wedding for the special day for Jenny and Jason. Earlier this year I did a trash the dress with Jenny (above pic). Since it was before her wedding, we used a dress from eBay as an alternative for the photo shoot. I'm looking forward to seeing and capturing the beautiful details of her real dress tomorrow. Their wedding is at one of my favorite hotels, the historic Mansion on Forsyth. And I'm thrilled to have one of my favorite photographer friends, Amy Martin, joining me to document the day! Happy 7/7/7 to all the other brides getting brides getting married on the memorable day. Kind of cool to share it with Eva and Tony too!

7 Comments:

Blogger abcdef said...

Ahhh, Scarlett I wanna come hang out tomorrow with you and Amy. Unfortunately, I can't. :-(
I am so excited for you though. I can't wait to see Jenny's wedding pics. I know you & Amy will do a great job. Tell her I said hello and you two sassy gals stay outta trouble now.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

wow, no shortage of wedding couples for wedding photographers on that day. By the way scarlett, i'm friend of crystal(you can ask her haha) and if you can, add me on MM that would be appreciated.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

Have a great wedding, Scarlett - I'll be doing the same, along with a million other photographers. :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

i never booked. so strange. had fun assisting someone else though. i LOVE second shooting. if you even need someone let me know. can't wait to see the rest of the pix!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Crystal- LOL, we sassy girls stayed out of trouble. :-)

Steven- Thanks for saying hi. That's great you are a friend of Cystal's. And thanks for reminding me about MM, I just went and checked. I'm bad about keeping up with that.

Stacy- Hope you had a great wedding!

Micheal- Bummer that you didn't end up booking. Awesome though, I'll keep you in mind about second shooting!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Way to go Scarlett!! Didnt know you were shooting this one! Cant wait to see you and Amy's pictures!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Mike! I'll have pics up later this week! Jenny and her groom totally rocked the modeling for her pics. It's fun when a bride and groom are actual models too!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home