Thursday, July 19, 2007

A hot pink world

One thing I love about being a photographer, is meeting other photographers! It's the most amazing feeling in the world to meet someone who shares the same passion for capturing life with a click of a button.

One great photographer chick I met earlier this year is Crystal Deising of Atlanta, who is the most giving person I've ever met. What started with a few comments back and forth from stalking each other's blogs, we then met in February during a trash the dress session in Savannah. Crystal is super girly like me, and she surprised me with a beautiful french Parisian clock that she saw and said it reminded me of her. I was super thrilled to receive such a thoughtful gift, and it went perfectly in my bedroom.

Then today, she did it all over again and surprised me again. I routinely checked my mail, but today in my mailbox I had a pink and black polka dot package sitting inside. I almost didn't want to open it because the wrapping was just so darn cute! But of course, I couldn't resist and I rushed home to see the goodies.

I first got a laugh out of her funny card addressed to "Scarlett, the hot pink princess photographer!" Then it was the cutest card with a girly girl and her white poodle, just like me and my Rhett!

Then, again, the pink wrapping with the green polka dot ribbon was so cute that I hated to mess it up, but I'm glad I did because inside was the most beautiful hot pink earrings and matching hot pink sarong (which will go great with my hot pink bathing suit!)

I called her up immediately and of course told her she shouldn't have, but she said she was at a fashion show recently and when she saw the hot pink, she couldn't resist thinking of my website.

I know I already said it a million times to her, but thank you thank you thank you Crystal! You have one of the most beautiful hearts I know and you truly made my day!

Here's a picture of the goodies!



Speaking of meeting other photographers, Pictage, my print fulfillment company, just released a promo video from PartnerCon in Chicago that I went to back in May. There's a quick cameo of me after Charles Bordner kick's Mike Colon's butt at ping pong. Unforutnately I won't be going to the next PartnerCon in Los Angeles in September, but I just wanted to share the video! It was made by my friend, Ron Dawson of Cinematic Studios, who is an amazing wedding videographer in California. If you are looking for a videographer, he's worth the extra travel fees! :-)

Check out the video below! Just click on Mike Colon. :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is crazy coincidental! I was watching "Pretty in Pink" Wednesday night and thought of you. Have you ever seen that movie?

10:07 AM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Ahhh, Scarlett. You know I feel the same way about you. I'm so glad that you liked everything. You will look marvelous, dahling!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- Of course I've seen Pretty in Pink. :-)

Crystal- Thanks girl for your awesome post on your blog too!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

Hi Scarlett,
I'm Steven, fellow OSPer, fellow photographer, fellow blog stalker, fellow.... a you get the point.
Crystal, my good friend told me about you and checked out your work and I agree with Crystal. You are an awesome photographer. I asked for some blog luving before and never got it(i know you are busy). Anyways, I was talking with Crystal and she told me about this blog tribute. So I have to ask you, do I have to send you something in hot pink and put up a tribute of hot pink princess photographer before I can get some blog luvin? HAHA. Sorry, I promised Crystal that I'll post this comment. HAHAHA. I'm sure beautiful as you are, you have beautiful sense of humor as well.
:)

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home