Saturday, July 21, 2007

Whoever you are, thank you!


Even though I've pretty much grown up with the internet, it still amazes me how it can be used to connect perfect strangers and how God uses it to bless others along the way. Tonight I ran across an example of that.

Rewind. So, to track visitors to my blog, I use a handy dandy tool called statcounter.com. I admit, I'm quite obsessed with stalking my blog stalkers. If you've visited, I know what time you visited, what city and state you are visiting from, what link you came from that brought you to my blog, and how many times a day you visit. :-) It's crazy to think that everyday I have people from all over the world, in places like the Phillipines, Malaysia, England, Nigeria, and other countries I can't pronouce, all reading the words I ramble on about. (By the way.... I would love to know who the daily person is from Los Angeles that always comes from my MySpace link a few times a day? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's some fabulous Hollywood celebrity checking me out to shoot their fabulous upcoming wedding. ha!)

In tonight's stalking my blog stalkers, I saw a new link that someone came from to my blog. It was another blog, called Ending Unplanned. By the name, I thought it would be a wedding planning company, but instead it was a friend of my bride, Corinna. She had seen the article in the newspaper recently about Corinna and I trashing her dress, and then checked out my website from there.

And wow, I got so teary eyed reading the beautiful words this perfect stranger wrote about me:

"I looked up [Scarlett's] website, and can honestly say that I am literally amazed at her talent. To hear her talk of how she just realized her love of photography one day after using her point and shoot camera to take "a cool black and white picture" of a friend's wedding dress - and how her little hobby has not only become a thriving, successful business but a way to touch people's lives is truly so inspiring. She speaks freely of her faith and her belief that God is using her for bigger and better things than even she realizes. Watching her tribute to her Aunt Ruby had tears rolling down my cheeks. Seeing her pictures make you remember instantly how easily someone can capture emotion and feeling in just a simple photograph."

Sometimes I feel like I ramble on too much on my blog and should keep it strictly professional focused on photography, but it's nice to know in moments like this that God is using my blog for more than just a photography showcase, but to also inspire you all in deeper ways. God is the ultimate Creator and Giver of the creative gifts He's given me, so I can't help but want to give glory to Him in the ways He blesses me along my journey.

And it truly touches my heart to know it somehow makes a difference in your world too.

So thank you to whoever is behind the words at Ending Unplanned, and to everyone else for taking the time to visit, stalk, whatever you want to call it, my blog and to read the words I write.

I do promise a ton of new photos this coming week. I'm in a cave right now in major editing mode still trying to also wrap up the last few weddings I shot videography for earlier this year, so a new highlight video is also on the way for Chrissy and Chris' beautiful fairy tale wedding!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sorry to dissapoint you
but i think its visiting you from los angeles :o)

to say, "i LOVE your work" would be an understatement. It is amazing and I do enjoy coming back over and over.

Enjoy your weekend

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok it's me again.
dont be scared.
im harmless ... lol

i just forgot to mention
my myspace name is "GG"
i have you as a friend :o)

ok im leaving now... and i wont be back until, maybe tomorrow

11:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank for that tip this is awesome

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just heard of you through A. Barry. Not a stalker but I certainly think your work is beautiful. Best wishes. Now that I know you are here, I'll probably be back so don't worry about me.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

should give that statcounter a try.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

By the way main reason i like to visit your blog is because of your faith. i admire people who is not afraid to proclaim God's name. 2 thumbs up.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

Hi Scarlet,
I've been visiting you from the early beginning of your blogging. I wanted to say thanks for sharing so freely and as I said many times before: I love your work, no matter if it's videography or photography. You have an awesome talent!
Hi from Malta ;-)

4:02 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

You're on my daily blog list! :) It's all a very important point of business.....get on the computer, go to the 10 blogs I have book marked, check email, go back to the 10 blogs, check email, shut down computer cause now I need a nap. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Gina- LOL you haven't disappointed me!! I was just curious. So glad to have you here!!

Ricki- Glad I could help.

Amy Barry's friend- Thanks for saying hi! I'll have some cute pictures up of Amy's family and her and Jason later this week!

Steven- Cool, thanks for your feedback. God is good!

Jessica- LOL, I don't even know where Malta is! But I'm excited to have you here all this time!

Stacy- LOLOLOLOLOL. Boy your avergae day sounds like my avergae day. But minus the nap because it's like oh, yeah I need to do real work too. :-)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

i'm one of your daily blog stalkers, also :) love ya!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

You are on my daily list of blogs to read. I love how open you are about the Lord. You are inspiring in more ways than you know.
I love Statcounter, I have it too :)
God Bless you Scarlett!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check in often!! You know I adore your work and your energy! :)

Can you believe I NEVER check my web stats? That's just one thing I don't have time for. Hard to imagine...huh? lol.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kara, Melissa and Amy- So glad to have you all here! Thanks for your continuous interest!

Amy, you totally should check your web stats. But it becomes addicting!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a stalker, I promise!

I try to keep my blog under wraps, just in case the wrong person ever stumbles across it. A friend came up with the name from some song. I just ran with it...

Thank you for mentioning me, though! I feel famous! lol.

Oh, and I'm Angela, by the way! :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Angela- LOL! A blog stalker is not a bad thing. I mean it affectionately! But thanks so much for introducing yourself. It's great to meet you Angela!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i'll admit... i stalk

and i soooo want to be your friend. you sound so much like me, but it's red for me NOT pink.

hopefully i will meet you one day. maybe ospusa? Or will tim co. talk you into joining our fun little cruise on the Pacific in January?

-Rachel
rachelpriddy.com

5:53 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- LOL, you are awesome. I so hope our paths cross one day too. I do think I'll be going to OSPUSA. 95% sure. By the way, I just tried to comment on your blog, but I don't have xanga so it wouldn't let me. I was just saying cute pics of your preggers dog!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, kaitlin is actually helping me out with a wordpress blog this week, so hopefully no more xanga shenanigans.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

I definitely look forward to meeting you soon.

-Rachel

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home