Monday, July 02, 2007

Trashing the photographer

I can't spill all the details yet because this "trash the dress" session is going to be in an upcoming article for a special publication later this week, but I just couldn't stand but give you a sneak peak and share my favorite picture of the day! This is my bride Corinna, who's destination wedding I recently shot in Las Vegas. What turned out to be a rainy day full of thunderstorms, we still went forward forward with her photoshoot.

As I took this picture in the rain, I literally had my camera in my right hand, and an umbrella in my left praying I didn't slip on the slippery rocks I was standing on as I reached my camera above her hoping not to drop it in the water. But it was dang worth the shot!



Stay tuned for more about the article coming out AND a special "trashy" promo video of the photoshoot! Thanks too to Corinna for swimming in the lily pads and getting her toes muddy in the swamps we later found out were filled with water mocassins! More soon!

18 Comments:

Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

LOVE IT!

5:43 PM  
Blogger serena grace said...

That is an AMAZING shot!!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. I looked like that yesterday?? ;-) Note to everyone that's reading Scar's blog.. it was freezing!! but it's all worth it in the name of art photography ;-)

Thanks for sharing, Scar :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome shot!
But water moccasins! OMG - that is my biggest fear. scary!

I can't wait for you to spill the beans about the celebrity!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Soul Sisters said...

ohhhh....Im scared just looking at that! But awesome shot!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

this is awesome shot.
Water Moccasins, you two are brave.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

Scarlett, can I please be you!!! :)
Please teach me how to take amazing photos like you!!!
Water moccasins!! When I read that, my skin got crawly. Yikes. Be careful!

1:30 AM  
Blogger nicole green said...

that shot is fantastic!!! :D

1:51 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks guys! I can't wait to show you the rest!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

eeek!! water moccasins!! you two are super brave! but it was soo worth it...that shot ROCKS!!

xoxo
M:)

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a word...amazing!!!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Scarlet. Should be on the cover of a magazine. :-)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWARD-winning!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ron- Wow, I'd LOVE to get it on a cover! That would be the day!

Jamie- And wow to your comment too. Award winning, I'm so flattered!

Thanks everyone!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing shot! Oh wow.. Can't wait to see the rest

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is AMAZiNG!! And I watched the video too, it looked like you all had LOADs of funn!!!

~Kayla

2:35 PM  
Blogger Susan Justice said...

I am absolutely in love with you!!! You seem to capture the moments in life that you never want to forget! I love this picture, its unbelievable... Congratulations! I know your proud and you have every right to be. I'm definitely going to book you when I get married one day. I'll be at Taliah and Mark's wedding and can't wait to watch you work! Your definitely inspiring =) Best of Wishes...

7:36 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kayla- Glad you liked the video!

Susan- Awww wow, your comment made my day! I can't wait to meet you at Taliah's wedding. Please be sure to come up and introduce yourself to me!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home