Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Momma!


One of the first photos of my mom and I together.

Happy Birthday Momma! I seriously have the best mom in the world. I feel so privileged to not only have her as my mom, but my best friend too. She been a beautiful example in my life of a giving heart, always thinking outside of the box, and having the courage to follow her wildest dreams. I wouldn't be half the woman I am today without her continuous support and believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. Not only is she breast cancer survivor, she refuses to live a life unlived and looks for miracles in every day she is given. She is a great woman of faith and keeps a prayer journal of the lives she meets along her journey praying for hundreds of people everyday. Every life she meets has been touched by the beauty she brings out in people, and I know when God looks down on her, He is smiling at what a faithful servant of His love that she is.

In reflection of her birthday, my mom posted an inspiring entry about courage on her blog. A few months ago, she started her very own blog to document the journey of giving birth to a book she's writing called "Born To Be Beautiful: Unwrapping God's Most Precious Gift to Each Woman." I'd love for everyone to check her blog out and share the same love and support you have given me!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHH MY GOSH!!! YOU LOOK JUST LIKE YOUR MOMMA!!!!! Happy birthday MOM!

~Bobbi

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

awww what a beautiful mama & baby!! you can see the love!

xoxo
M:)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

at least you never have to wonder what you will look like when you grow up ;)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

so precious! you look like twins :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, that's so funny. Yeah, I've been hearing I was her twin since I was a little girl. It's crazy to put our baby and little girl pics side by side and how much we looked alike then too.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading your mom's blog! Yes, the picture was stunning!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Scarlett's mom! Going to check out her blog.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

Happy Birthday (yesterday!) Mom!

So, your mom has Instant Messenger AND blogs? How cool is that?! Love it!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

What a sweet tribute to you Mom. I will have to go look at her blog

10:46 AM  
Blogger robert madrid said...

I just sent an email to my mother leading her to your mom's blog. Cute picture :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks for all your sweet words about my momma! She was so excited to tell me last night "I've been getting a lot of comments on my blog! I feel like a kid in a candy store reading them!"

12:47 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

Oh wow! You look so much like your mom. How beautiful!!!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And thanks for turning me on to your mom's blog. I've added her to my list of favorites -I'll put her next to you :) What a true inspiration! Thanks for sharing her!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Davina- She definitely is the most beautiful lady I know. Not that I'm biased or anything. :-)

Jen- So glad you like her blog!! I know she appreciates the encouragement of those who read it!

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home